Snapped

A/N: Hello! This oneshot was requested by my beautiful wife Nay! Mwah! Sorry it's out so late, but I needed a break. It helped a lot though, and I'm back and ready to write! Without further ado, you can read!

Tw: Fight, feather pulling, guilt, anxiety, bad mantal health, stress, blood, broken wing, swearing, passing out, caps.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Doni cautiously stalked behind Lynix, watching the blond male's hair shine in the sunlight as he brought down an axe on a dark oak tree.

A few moments later, Lynix was done and headed away from the remains of leaves in the air. Idiot. Who even does that?

Doni had been stalking Lynix for a few hours now, watching and listening as the human went to the Mine, fished, and now cut down trees. It was the only way he could be near him anymore without getting yelled at or having glares sent his way.

What Doni expected Lynix to do was cut down another tree, but he instead turned away and started walking in the direction of Doni's house. Well, tree? Whatever, he'd call it a treehouse.

Doni stealthily followed, blending into the shadows and closing his eyes when needed so Lynix wouldn't just see glowing green eyes in the darkness of the woods. It wasn't because he cared about him and didn't want to give him a scare, he told himself. Just didn't want to loose him or reveal that he's been stalking him this whole time. Yeah, that's it. Shut up!

When Lynix got there, he looked up at the towering oak in all it's beauty. It's leaves rippled in the wind, the sun and spring turning them different shades of bright and deep green. The tree's bark was strong and healthy, hard to pull away if anyone tried. Not that Doni would let them. The roots spread outward, creating small bumpy hills in the long, moist grass. Nearby, a monarch butterfly perched on a lone orange blossom.

Raised high above his head was Lynix's axe, causing Doni to panic as it started crashing down. Straight at his tree. His.

A loud hiss came from Doni as he dived at Lynix in a death spiral. The axe came further down, not able to stop in time. Doni saw Lynix's shocked expression as he darted in the way, blocking his precious treehouse- and his nest inside- from harm by getting hurt himself.

Lynix managed to turn it a little from where it was coming at Doni's chest, but the axe instead hit him straight in the wing. A crack sounded as Doni cried out in pain, the hollow bone connecting his wing to his shoulder and back broken.

Blood immediately began falling, and the axe was dropped as Lynix just stared at Doni in shock and- maybe disbelief.

"Why would you do that to my tree?" Doni asked, somehow managing a pained hiss from his spot huddled against the large oak he called home.

Lynix just blinked at him for a moment, still with his jaw practically touching the floor, before he tried to compose himself. His shoulders and back straightened, eyes became confident, his head raised a bit, and he spoke surely. "I was pranking you. You do it all the time, what's different about it now? You destroy my house, so I was trying to get rid of yours." He gestured at the tree and the small hole Doni could fit into because of his small and flexible body under all the feathers.

Doni hissed again. "It's not the same! Humans and owls have very different thoughts of homes! You don't understand. Idiot."

Lynix shrugged and said, "Well, you always have free time to kill the server and make new mods. Why can't you use that and make another? Nothing else would happen. You're useless." He leaned forward, plucking a feather from Doni's soft shoulder and earning a whimper of pain.

Doni's eyes blazed, the green hues in his eyes taking on a reddish tint. "Useless, you say? I'M USELESS? YOU JUST HAVE THE TIME TO WALTZ AROUND THE SERVER, STEALING AND DYING AND THEN BEGGING ME TO RESPAWN YOU OR MAKE A NEW SERVER! MEANWHILE, I HAVE TO STORE BACKUPS, KEEP THE FILES TO DATE, DEAL WITH HACKERS, FIND A WAY TO KEEP YOU ALL HERE, LISTEN TO YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT THE NIGHT AND MOBS SPAWNING, THEN WHINE WHEN I PUT IT ON ALWAYS DAY!"

Doni paused for breath, making his body shudder as chills and heat crawled over him everywhere. His broken wing cast its painful numbness, starting to spread over his back. He only now noticed Kiply and Liger, who were watching by a bush a short way away with wide eyes. Good. They'd hear him, too.

Doni resumed his angry speech. "WHENEVER I TURN THE WEATHER OFF, YOU WANT IT ON! WHEN IT IS, YOU WANT IT OFF! I CAN'T DO BOTH, SO MAKE UP YOUR GODDAMN MIND! I DO SO, SO MUCH TO KEEP THIS SERVER AND THIS GROUP TOGETHER, AND WHAT DO I GET? BEING CALLED USELESS! FUCK YOU!" Doni thought of all the time he'd spent making pranking mods to please his viewers, and how they still left hate comments. All the sleep he'd sacrificed to try and get things done, sometimes going days or to the point he collapsed from exhaustion. They knew none of that.

Doni struggled to stand up, his bloody wing a drooping weight pulling him down. "Wait, Doni, I'm really sorry-" He stifled a whimper at the sharp pain in his body and heart, instead baring his sharp teeth at Lynix and growling before turning to begin climbing up his tree. Sorry was not good enough.

A few moments later, Doni was at the top, legs dangling from his position on a thick, sturdy branch. He knew they wouldn't dare try anything right now. His deadweight wing had numbed, and he felt nothing along it and most of his back. It was slowly spreading through his body, and his fever was just getting worse.

A few black spots appeared, and his vision swam, until the inkdots became bigger and darker, eventually covering up his entire vision and leaving his limp and unconscious body to lay on the branch, his 'friends' that had been below him gone.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hello again! Thanks for the request, hope the angst was good! Always open to requests! Bye! Have a great day/night!

Words: 1074