7

GRIFFIN

I walk into our office in town Tuesday morning, the employees squandering when they see me.

I am CEO of Moretti Enterprises. I don't make it here everyday, the Mafia takes up alot of my time but checking in is my duty. No matter hoe mind numbing it is.

I sit on my desk on the top floor, as my assistant walks in per my request.

"Anything going on that needs my attention?" I ask her. She begins talking as I open my computer.

"Yes Mr. Moretti, theres some papers that need your signature, a pending approval on an account and reps from Russo Security are here today for our additional security plan." She lists. I pause my typing.

Russo Security.

"Where are they?" I ask.

"The files? They're on your d-"

"The reps from Russo Security." I ask, standing up and buttoning my jacket.

"O- oh they are in conference room 4 sir." she says, taking a few steps back as I reach the door. Everyone is fucking on my nerves today.

"Get me a coffee and details on the pending account before Im back." I say, as I walk out. Taking the elevator down to the floor that our conference rooms are on.

I walk to room 4 and knock once before I enter without waiting for a response. It's my building I don't have to ask permission.

When I walk in, all 6 heads in the room turn to look at me. I recognize two of my employees and 3 unfamiliar faces. And 1 very familiar one.

Her eyes widen in confusion as she looks at the man next to her. I follow her gaze to see him, also looking at me with interest.

"Capo." Andrea jumps up from his seat. "Uh, Mr. Ferrari this is Mr. Moretti, our CEO." he introduces. I shake hands with the middle aged man.

"Mr. Moretti it is a pleasure. Albert Ferrari, Russo Security Senior Executive." he says, his eyes showing his slight hesitance, the light shake in his hand a clear indication of lingering fear.

Everyone's scared of me just because I am the Don's son. Doesn't bother me, perhaps I enjoy it more than I like to admit.

"Sí, how is the meeting coming along." I say. No note of question in my tone. My eyes drag back to the storm gray eyes that are now alight with curiosity more than surprise.

"Very well Capo.." But I am not listening, my eyes linger on her, as she twists her black dress clad body in her seat, leaning towards the man beside her to say something hushed. A smile spreads on his face before his eyes lift to meet my heated gaze. He quickly looks down.

"I trust Andrea will take care of things here." I interrupt his incessant rambling. I nod at the room at large and walk out, not before hear a low female voice and the quick clicking of heels.

I turn when the door opens, the closes to reveal Ariel stepping out. I raise an eyebrow when she stops a few steps away from me, looking up.

"Are you sure you're not following me?" She asks, her eyes squinting. My mouth quirks. If only she knew who I was, she would never talk to me again.

"I own this building Ms. Russo." I drawl calmly, my eyes assessing her. Black dress, black shoes, her eyes hooded with something black aswell making her gray eyes look impossibly deep.

She frowns.

"Well I work at Russo Security and I am here for work so." She shrugs. "And it doesn't explain how you knew my name the other night. Or why a CEO was at a meeting he doesn't need to attend." she says, her lips curving with satisfaction.

She is right, I don't need to attend mere security meetings. But I do as I please.

"Your name is no secret. We attended college together." I simply say.

"Yes but you were 2 years my senior. And I didn't know you full name. I just knew Griffin M." she presses her lips together. "Moretti." she whispers to herself.

My brain objects to her saying my name. No one but family says my name. I have a rapport.

"How is it any of my concern that you are incompetent enough to not know a fellow classmates name?" She gasps, her cheeks flushing crimson.

"I am not incompetent." her eyebrows knit in what I think might be anger. "You were not my classmate. And I interacted with you once." She fumes. "Which I guess I have to thank fate for, because you Mr. Moretti are rude." she says sharply, all but stomping back to the conference room.

My jaw clenches at her disrespectful attitude. I have half a mind to pull the deal they are no doubt striking in that room. Instead I get into the elevator wanting to leave the goddamn building.

"I need a drink." I curse under my breath as I walk back into my office where my dark coffee and stacks of papers are waiting.

I settle into my chair, skimming through and signing the papers that need signing. Flashes of storm gray eyes and flushed red cheeks swirling my thoughts.

It's infuriating that she's taking up even a modicum of space in my head. Her presence has always proven to be a distraction to me. Since the first time I saw her.

I groan. I have a headache.

AN:

No one like this story I know but Im having fun writing it. 🕺🕺