33

GRIFFIN

"Try a single sip." She says, eyes sparkling in mischief. I squash a smile I feel coming.

"No." I chide.

"Come on." She whines. "Please?" I look at her face, lip pouting eyes pleading. Fuck. Her smile brightens. "If you do it, I'll do anything you want." she desperately huffs.

"Anything." I smirk. She flushes red, looking so fucking adorable in contrast to her work outfit. Albeit the color of said dress and shoes.

"Not anything illegal. Or defiling." She flicks her straw's discarded wrapping at me. I let a smile go. "Pleasee." She whines, her eyes big and her face soft.

Fuck.

"Fine." I pick up the glass, and take a thick, cold sip of the sugary dessert. I make the hard swallow, openly showing my distaste. "There, it tastes like milk and sugar."

"What? No taste of vanilla?" her eyebrows furrow. "Let me taste it." She snatches the glass off the table, sipping it. "Liar, it tastes delicious." She continues drinking it. "You didn't want any right?" She asks, her plump lips wrapping around the red straw. Yes I am aware of my staring, no I can't fucking help it.

"All yours." I take out my card as the server approaches.

"Mm!" She makes a rushed sound, swallowing what she had in her mouth. "I am paying. I had three quarters of our order, it's only fair." she gestures, getting out her card.

I give her a disinterested glance, handing him my card. She looks at me, mouth parting with an offended expression.

"Why." she huffs.

"You don't pay when you're with me." I state.

"Im going to get the next one." she slurps the milkshake. "So," She starts, as I lead her out of the diner with a hand on her back. "How was work." she asks.

I glance down at her. "Unbearable." I open her door and she sits inside, then get in myself.

"You are so expressive." She smiles wide.

"You're sarcasm is noted, what do you want me to say?" I ask.

"Ask me something and I will demonstrate." She says.

"How was work." I repeat. She gives a glare.

"Work was exhausting. I had 4 contracts to finalize and have Personnel sign off on, there was endless paperwork from the weekend and my back was on fire all day. To make things worse, Maya in on vacation and I had to make all my own calls and answer all my own emails and it was just a hectic day."

She takes a deep breath after she stops talking, then smiles at me.

"Impressive." I drawl.

"Rude. I started off demonstrating, then I was just complaining." She shrugs. "I used to do that alot, I don't remember why I ever stopped." she looks our of her window, thoughtful.

"Complain?" I ask.

"Yes." She sighs. "I think you can't really randomly complain to your parents, or your casual friends. Maybe you best friend. But I don't actually have a best friend." she rambles.

"Then who did you used to complain to?"

"My boyfriends. I've had two." Heat spikes through my chest, spreading like wildfire, my grip on the steering wheel tightens. I focus on breathing normally, failing to provide an answer.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

"Nothing." I press my frustration into the gas pedal. She galances at the road then back at the side of my face.

"Then why are you driving like the Cartel is after us?" She asks. That side tracks my anger.

If only she knew how real of a possibility that was in my world.

I remain silent, but I feel the anger burn off me in invisible waves.

"Don't tell me you're jealous." Her words are accompanied with a snicker.

"I am not jealous." I lie. When infact the only thing keeping me from crashing my car is knowing none of the two fuckers have had the privilege of touching her. Just me.

"You so are. It's okay, I take it as a compliment. But I'm sure you've had girlfriends too. I'm not jealous." She shrugs.

"I have had no girlfriends." I correct. She gapes at my side profile.

"No way." She says. "Why not?!" She lightly hits my bicep. "You are smoking hot. You should've been with girls left and right." She shakes her head humorously. I glance at her.

"Been with them?" I question her wording.

"You know. Coitus." She makes a funny face then hunches over, covering her face with her hands. "Oh noo what's wrong with me!" she shouts. I chuckle.

"Sex has no relation to having girlfriends." She looks up at me.

"Right." She grimaces. I look over again, her face tense. I cannot help the smile that stretches across my face.

"Don't tell me you're jealous." I repeat her words. She looks at me, cheeks and nose red.

"I am not." She lip juts out. "I guess we're both having a hard time processing that you're experienced in one area and I am in the other." She shrugs. "I'll teach you how to be in a relationship." She sucks in a breath. "Um, if you want." she mumbles.

I stop at a light, reaching over to grab her hands that were fidgeting.

"You should teach me at the penthouse." my voice comes out deep. She looks up at me, her deep gray eyes nervous.

"Are you asking if I want to go to your penthouse?" She questions.

"In a clever word play, yes." I smirk.

"Or a poorly concealed pickup line." She copies my smirk. I chuckle, shaking my head at her wit. "Yes, I'll go to your penthouse with you." She squeezes my fingers.

I look back at the road and continue driving to the penthouse.