44

GRIFFIN

"Griffin!" Ariel screams bringing a hand behind her to put on my stomach, as I pound into her from behind. She moans, "I can't, God!" she shouts. Every single time she say she can't, my girl comes hard, all over me.

"Fuck, yes you can baby. Go on, come for me." I grunt, my groans of pleasure echo as I rail into her, chasing my own release.

Ariel's moans renew with every thrust as I grip her hips tight enough to bruise, and finally crash into the glorious climax. Her small body shakes and quivers under me, her arms tensing as she too, comes with a silent scream.

I pant, gently pulling out of her after we both ride the final waves of our release. I tenderly lay her down, kissing her sweaty forehead. She always becomes very sleepy after an orgasm, and today, I have caught the same fate.

I pull her into me, wrapping her up in my arms.

"I don't think my legs will work tomorrow." She mumbles making me chuckle.

"I got carried away. You're okay, sí?" I confirm. I never could control my most primal instincts when I saw her naked, waiting for me. It was all I could do to not bend her over and take her every chance I got.

"Are you kidding? I feel like Im high." She laughs and I join her. "Tonight was fun. Thankyou for taking me." she looks up at me.

"Ofcourse." I smile. "You were talking to Anastasia McCall a long time." I sleepily mention.

"Yeah, she was telling me about how her father was thinking of retiring very soon." Ariel yawns.

"Well, hopefully not too soon. We have a big shipment coming in on Wednesday. If he stepped down before that, they would have to rush and vote in a new Consigliere." I talk in my state of slumber, too tired to filter anything I say.

"Mm." she mumbles, already falling asleep.

I look at her soft features. Her full lips resting in a smile, skin glowing. She looked so beautiful and unguarded. Protective impulse tugged at my heart. She was was so perfect. So good. Too good.

And she was mine.

                __________________

I had dropped Ariel off at her house and then went on home the next morning.

The following Monday, havoc had wreaked and I had to sit in a meeting to solve the issue of Consigliere McCall having stepped down first thing at the start of the work day.

"Marco Russo is not a suitable candidate, McCall." One of the other Consigliere's fumes.

I glance at Ares, who looks just as irritated.

"He is who I am nominating, it's my choice. He's young, experienced and he has the determination it takes" McCall says through clenched teeth.

"No--"

"That is enough." My brother booms. Everyone shuts up and looks at him at the head of the table.

"Consigliere McCall has made his choice, there is no argument to be made. We cannot afford a rebuttal in the middle of the series of shipments we are about to harbor. You are all well aware." I speak authoritatively. They all look resigned.

"All those in favor of Marco Russo's election." Ares calls. Everyone begrudgingly raises their hands. "It is decided. Draw up the paperwork." He stands, and everyone else stands with him.

We both walk out together.

"Being Don is fucking exhausting." He grunts.

"And you're not even officially Don yet." I smirk.

"Thank fuck. I just want to stay home with my wife, is that so hard?" he grumbles. "Did you find that too clean?" He questions as we enter the elevator. I glance at him.

"You mean how a long-time legacy Consigliere just happened to step down amidst the most important shipment of the year. And not so subtly nominated a less than qualified candidate, basically forcing the rest to agree?" I ask.

"Precisely. We'll have to look into that. Either Russo or McCall are playing dirty." he says, as we reach our cars. "But it doesn't directly effect the familia, so I'm not too pressed. Still, nothing slips from under a Moretti." We nod at eachother.

"I'll see what I can find." I say, getting into my car driving off to Moretti Ent. I had meetings there.

But I knew exactly who was playing dirty, it was right infront of me.

When I got to the office, the first thing my secretary did was tell me I had a visitor. My mouth twists in disgust when Marco Russo steps inside, a shit eating grin on his face. I glared him down and his enthusiasm visibly dampened.

"What are you doing here." I deadpan.

"I am here to pay my thanks to you, Capo." he says. I give him a blank stare. "I am now Consigliere, and it would not have--"

"Get to the point." I grit.

"It wouldn't have happened if not for your helpful advice." He smiles, malice drips from him.

I keep my expression neutral, even while confusion slicks my thoughts.

"You were the one who said to my neice that if McCall stepped down before Wednesday then they would be forced to elect another candidate quick." He smirks, satisfaction and arrogance weave through his face.

My blood turns to ice. No.

"when did he decide on making his retirement official? Has he said anything?"

No.

"We have a big shipment coming in on Wednesday. If he stepped down before that, they would have to rush and vote in a new Consigliere."

My sleepy drawl echoes.

No. No she wouldn't have.

I glare up at him.

"Don't you fucking dare blame Ariel for your filthy politics." I stand up from my chair.

"I didn't think you would simply take my word." He chuckles. "Listen." He holds up his phone, the room fills with the sound of that sweet voice I liked so much.

"He told me that if Consigliere McCall stepped down before Wednesday then they would be forced to elect another candidate quick." Then her voice cuts off.

The ice in my blood turns to hot, molten lava. Emotions begin to swirl into a dangerous concoction within me. Anger, betrayal, hurt.

I look at Marco's smug face and lunge at him, punching him square in the jaw.

"Get the fuck out." I seethe.

His nostrils flare but he isn't stupid enough to stay here a second longer.

I throw everything on my desk to the floor, pure rage courses through my veins.

She fucking duped me.

Griffin Xander Moretti had been fooled by a mere girl.

And worse still, was that I actually thought I loved her.

AN:

It's my birthdayy 🕺🕺✨

I didn't get much writing done this week sorry