Flicker(28)

Heeeeyyyyyy... so I will say, sorry? I saw your comments at least xD bcuz I was craving a really good fic on this sight and saw all the notifications but thats finneeee xD I'll try to channel my writing spirit for a bit, as an apology. xD

Basic descriptions

"Talking"

Meeeeee (Author)

---

"Hey!" Verse called as they waved towards Error. A few crowds of chattering San's and Papyrus's blocked the two of them, and internally Verse questioned just how fast the multiverse was growing. It seemed... too fast. Of course, the Au's pop up quickly, but at this rate it was easier to believe someone was making them. Ink maybe? But isn't he just a protector, a helper to...

Oh.

I have Creators.

Verse hit themself in the head briefly, and a sigh seemed to emanate from their figure. Of course, I have Creators. The pesky bug like people who enter the world whenever they want to, create something, and then leave it to rot. Suffice it enough to say, Verse wasn't exactly a 'fan' of Creators.

The worlds they made? Good. But the people themselves? Too corrupt, greedy, filthy pig-like creatures... Verse crinkled their nose.

Wait... when did I have such a hatred for humans?

I...

I don't remember.

I don't remember.

Why don't I remember? 

The world seemed to fade into a loud static, and Verse wobbled on their still new feeling legs. Everything was just- too loud. Too- too much everything. The world felt as if it was shaking, breaking apart in their very hands, and no matter how much glue they used the pieces just broke further. 

A loud gasp and an exclamation jolted Verse from their thoughts, "Sans!" was shouted from a familiar voice, a Papyrus.

Verse looked up, when had they looked down?  To their hands clutched against their head in an almost painful grip. cracks lined the plush flooring, splitting from Verse's location, and a number of Sanses and Papyrus' had fallen from a slowly fading rumble. A punch bowl, held by one of the Sanses was recently knocked over, by the red liquid that was still seeping into the carpet.

Verse gasped, moving away from their location in a stumble. Every Sans in the room felt as if it was staring at Verse, inspecting them, criticizing them. Murmurs seemed to come from every direction and Verse, somewhat subconsciously, looked up to Error.

His eyes were wide with a look of shock on his face that Verse didn't want to interpret. He still looked half turned around, as if he hadn't expected to look back, but had seen something so... so something, that he had to. A hand looked about to reach to Verse, and that was the last straw as a wave of sickness rolled over Verse. Error's mouth opened, but Verse couldn't hear anything over the roaring still in their ears.

With a loud thwip and a quiet pop, Verse opened their eyes to a... random alleyway?

A quick glance upwards confirmed their thoughts, they're... on the surface. The smell of rotten fruits hit suddenly, and Verse curled their nose, covering it. Rotten foods were just a smell one couldn't get used to, Verse thought.

Luckily or not, the path ahead was pretty straight forward. Either go further into the side with rotting trash, or into the crowds of people. It was... almost tempting to take the prior, but as the smell hit their nose again they, begrudgingly, walked forward. 

Verse noted dully that they were still mortal as they walked around trash bags, but something didn't seem right. First to note was obviously what had just happened. Cracks? It seemed unreal, and yet the proof had been right in front of them. It had to be from Verse, but what caused it?

The only thing that they could think of was... well, thinking. A quick test by trying to think of their past life's appearance sent a head-splitting headache through their skull in sharp, needle-like waves.

Verse quickly changed their thoughts to Fresh, and the headache cleared. In front of them though, a blue game-like panel glitched into existence with a small ding.

Verse squinted, trying to read despite the words seemingly shifting on them, before they pieced the message together.

<Violations to Rule 18 have been reported. Further Violations will be punished.>

Violations?

More letters flickered onto the screen.

<Taking Action for Current Violations.>

<Voice Privileges are being removed for 24 hours.>

Wait! What's going on?! Verse tried to speak, but as they did a wave of nausea rolled from their stomach, and they collapsed to their knees. Something in their soul felt wrong, not like earlier, where it felt like ash-colored hands had death grasp on their soul, but more like something was just- wrong. Something bad was happening.

That something bad might just be the black skeletal figure walking out from a white glitching portal though. He took a brief glance around, before he gagged at the smell and turned towards Verse. His eyes seemed to squint slightly in the darkness in the alley, and he must not have seen anything other than Verse's vague figure as he demanded an answer,

"Hey! Damn G-Glitch! Why'd you run off like that?"

---

Sorry I had to end it on a cliffhanger xD It's been FOREVER since I was back here, honestly I should come back more often. I just got super busy with my classes and it backlogged on me. That, and currently not having a hyper-fixation on Sans Au's have reeaallly killed me, but if I get a request for more chapters I'll try at least. Have a good morning, Turtle Duckings.