Chapter 5

When I woke up I felt warm and safe I slept like a freaking baby, no nightmares for the first time of my life which scared me I have never slept peacefully like this but I was partially glad, I look up to see chase still asleep but I felt his friend awake and digging into my thigh I was glad that I could affect my mate like this, I slipped out of bed and quickly shoved a pillow where I was laying he stirred a bit but went back to sleep I looked at the time 3:10am I sigh and go to the window and opened it hanging my legs over the edge and sitting on the windowsill, I glanced at the forest to only see a man wearing a cowboy hat and a long coat that looked like it was pulled from cowboy times, I jumped out of the window and landed on my feet I sniffed the air to only be greeted by the smell of silver and blood I glance at the man he had an eye patch and a mask covering his mouth "what do you want hunter?" I glared at him he just chuckled and pulled the mask away from his face "just looking for bounty" now it was my turn to laugh "there isn't any here" I said with as much force that I could but I still sound like a whimp "have you by any chance seen a ginger around here?" I shook my head no "I'm the only one I know of its just that if you are looking for an angel go to fucking heaven" I growled he pulled out a gun "I mean no harm okay? I just want to be left alone" I growled feeling anger pump through me knowing my eyes are dark and the temperature around us was rising "thats not what josh said he said that you lost control on your only friend" I calmed myself knowing he was trying to get me to lose control "sorry pal you got the wrong ginger I don't know anyone named josh" he placed put his finger on the trigger "go on your knees and beg for forgiveness" I rolled my eyes trying my best to control Charlie who was close "sorry wrong answer" I threw myself to the side, hearing a gun shot that made my ears ring. I shifted sprinting towards the forestry ting to mind link chase "baby what's wrong where are you" I sigh when he was okay "I'm in the forest running away from a hunter" he seemed to started moving and getting stuff ." get out of the forest go back to the pack house" I sharply turned around and started sprinting from where I came from "do a b-line towards the house I will meet you there"
"I'll be there soon I didn't run far" I said and shut iff mind link I smelt the silver making me gag, "YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CAN HIDE!!!" I freaked out and started dogging trees doing a beeline I saw the end of the forest and could see the pack house in sight I also saw Chase standing there waiting I ran behind him "stay behind me" he growled lowly I nodded fast enough for my head to fall off "show yourself hunter your on a werewolf territory" he walked out from behind a tree still smiling "oh alpha chase what can I do the pleasure" He bowed his head in a mocking way "get off of this territory Ben we have a truce" chase said sternly glaring at him "I very well understand that but this girl behind you is bounty she is want-"chase cut him of sharply with a growl "she is my mate do not touch her or else" I looked down at chase his back muscles stretching...snap out of it Victoria there is someone trying to kill you here "very well young alpha but there is worriers on there way no trying to get you and your pathetic mate" I growled but chase touch my huge leg demanding sparks through me knowing that I'm getting pissed off " how many?" Ben seemed to think "only 59 it's no big deal but it is for just one girl" i couldn't breath I have to leave my mate to protect him and his pack "how far are they?" Ben I believe chuckled "relax they are planing an attack in 5 days chill dude" 5 days?!?5 fucking useless days what are we going to do what it my vampire shows then I'll be more wanted! And I'll put chad in more danger "go now!" Ben nodded and ran into the trees "shift now" I shook my head "everyone's asleep no one will see you get changed" I rolled my eyes and mind linked him "I have no clothes to change into" he rolled his eyes and took of his jumper revealing is godly abs making me drool "here" I quickly shifted back and threw on the jumper chase gave me "thank you" I said as we walked inside "what is this" he looked at my leg and so did I there was blood everywhere dripping down one hole and then boom pain hit me in the leg "the gun shot" I said through gasps its in my blood stream "I'm taking you to the pack doctor" he picked me up and started walking down the hall way to the door across Chases office and slammed the door open. "jenner get up" he growled her head flung forward and pretended she was never asleep "what's the problem sir"
"Silver bullet hole" he said bluntly "go right in alpha" he didn't hesitate and started marching in it was so weird that it looked exactly like a hospital just like a mini one though and it felt more homy without the smell of death, chase placed me one a bed causing more waves of pain to wash over me I couldn't hold back the loud groan escape my lips "get out alpha" a doctor said harshly "she is a vampire you idiot why did you bring her" chase sniffed the air and so did I he was right "just clean her up now" he demanded the doctor started cleaning the wound ruffly and harshly not caring about what he is doing "you fucking retard be gentle" I hissed as he stabbed the cloth in my sore "shut your pie hole blood sucker" chase hit the back off his head "watch what you say to her doctor" he nodded and stabbed me with a needle with blue liquid in it. "this will keep her asleep until I clean her up" I could just see chases eyes turn black as spots danced around my vision slowly pulling me asleep "chase" I whispered as I fell into a restless slumber.