Chapter 18

I felt a hand grip my should but I grabbed it flipping the person over "ouch" I turned to see Sam "I'm sorry" I kneeled down on the ground next to him "are you okay?" I asked helping him up "I should be asking that" He said looking at me with sad eyes "I'm fine" my voice cracked at the end I quickly coughed "I'm fine" my voice didn't screw up this time "no your n-"he grabbed my shoulders which made me flinch.
"Leave me alone!" I shouted but he saw the way I flinched "go" I muttered "wait take this" he handed my a little locket it was half of a heart, as red as blood and the other half was a moon. I opened the locket and saw a photo of him smiling awkwardly scratching the back of his neck, his cute dimples standing out and he was looking through his glasses under his brown hair "thanks" I whispered tears dripping down my face. Using vampire speed running back to my room but I noticed the sun had just set "great now a whole night of jack shit" I growled laying on my surprisingly comfy bed summoning my bow "I'm sooooo bored" I muttered going into the drawers to find a red shirt and pin it up "perfect target" I grabbed an arrow from the bed and walked into the roof "easy peasy" I shot an error and it shot right where the head would be "I see you are very busy" I fell from the roof and landed flat on my face "can I help you?" I muttered getting up to see Dexter standing there "isn't vampires supposed to have an invitation to enter?" I muttered rubbing my back "yea but I'm not entirely vampire" I glanced at him and pulled a machete from under my pillow and started sharpening it "what are you part then? Werewolf? Shape shifter? I can picture you as a ghoul" he shook his head " an angel" I froze "it's been very hard trying to hide it but your doing a very good job" I nodded "and I know it wasn't hunters that scared your life. It was angels wasn't it?" I nodded slowly "Sir Davis was my friend, the reason I'm alive" he frowned "Sir Davis is a shapeshifter-" I frowned "what? How can he be?!"

Dexter sat next to me on the bed "I'm sorry I really am I thought you knew but still the reason he was there because the Angels couldn't be brave enough, they saw a monster but he" he creased my cheek "he saw heart and fear" he stood up "I was there that day, I helped you fight those monsters so I helped protect you" I looked at me feet and went to look at him but he was gone "you should've killed me" I muttered laying down falling asleep.

"Good morning sunshine!" I felt the blanket ripped from my body "w-what?" I looked out the window and it was still dark "oh right how did battle team go?" I asked sitting up yawning "great Sam's leader to mixed Wolves because the others were strong but not humble and he was kinda strong"  I nodded and smiled lightly "cool" I stood up "why are you here?" He snorted loudly "because training duh you wee out for like five minutes" I nodded "beat you there" I was already out of the room halfway there when I ran into a invisible wall "bye" he ran past me and the wall fell "ass butt!" Was the first thing that came to mind.
I frowned confused by myself and found myself in the battle training area dressed "beat you" I stuck my tongue out as he stumbled in wearing his shirt backwards "you shirt is backwards" I rolled my eyes he shrugged and turned it around "how come in my team there is only 5 people? And other teams had like 10 people or more people?" He brushed the crinkles out of his shirt "because your group is the elite group, powerful kids all of them are level 10, and since only way to be in level 10 in vamps you practically have to be a pure bred" I sighed "and yes we are training with them we are just half an hour early" I growled kicking him making him slam against the floor "ouch I felt that through the padding" I rolled my eyes as he got on his feet "what a way to warm up" I sat down going through my phone without realizing it I was holding the locket that Sam gave to me "hmmm did lover boy give you that?" I let go of the locket "yea" I whispered "I was kinda fibbing about being really early they should be here soon" I got up and playfully punched him "hey stop it ass but" I rolled my eyes at him for mocking what I said before "ha ha very funny" I pushed him into the ground laying down next to him "what if they know?" He looked at me as I stared at the roof "if they do they're obviously starting a war or they do know But turn their heads away from this bull shit" I nodded "well hellooooo love birds" I shot a fire ball at whoever entered.
I earned a grunt and a sizzling sound "sorry half breed for scaring you" I stood up "I have a mate he's-" I gestured to Zac laying down "is a friend I asked to help you guys train" the whole crew was helping Luke up "huh? We don't need help" Luke stated brushing the burnt bits off like it was some ash on his clothes "I just shot a fire ball aye you without looking and got you and you didn't deflect it" I rolled his eyes "I wasn't ready" I threw another one at him "are you now?" He dodged half of it but the other half skimmed his shoulder "still a wound like that could kill you" I walked over to a wall that had an iPad looking thing on it "I would heal-"
"Not if you were starving or that was a bullet laced with dead mans blood" I scrolled through the terrains that this place shifted into and smirked "let's try this" the area shifted into an ally way with busy red people walking back and forward but the thing was the sun was about to rise "okay let's start with something a little extreme" I shouted over the busy traffic "find the hunter! Zac will be your hunter capture him and I will make him leave, fail to do so, I will make sure he trains you until you can catch him" I shouted again "what about you?!" Luke shouted looking frantically at the sun "I'll help" I smirked "Zac no vampire skills use hunter skills and no mind tricks!" I shouted he nodded and sprinted around the corner "go" I shouted sprinting after him knowing the place he will go.