Chapter 24

"Stop please" Dexter huffed out on the floor holding his stomach "I thought you said don't hold back" I mocked a little innocent pout "I didn't think you were much of a fighter" he got up cracking his back and slouching like an old man "how long were we fighting for?" A rib bone snapped back into place making his breathing normal again "a minute" I glanced at him standing straight and neatly dressed again "if you were wearing your armor I wouldn't of hurt you much" he rolled his eyes unrolling his sleeves and putting his suit jacket back on "I never fight to my full potential when wearing armor, yes it hurts but it trains me to take it like a Ma-" I jabbed him in the ribs, making him groan loudly "you take it surprisingly well, but if you hurt your body to much you won't hurt or even worse, die" I looked over at Zac who almost got shot but Zac cheated "what if I want to die" I frowned "what?" He looked at me "nothing" I didn't push hoping he thought I didn't hear him but what he said made me worry "if you want someone to talk to I'm here okay?" I ruffled his hair into a mess "I need to go bash a cheater" I jumped over the ropes and jogged towards Zac grabbing him by the shoulders and holding him still "take the shot" I shout,Zac started hitting me trying to make me put him down "why?" I smirked as an arrow shot into his shoulder "cause you cheated" I dropped him letting him scramble away "you would've got him if he didn't cheat but your surprisingly okay, this isn't a complement" I added at the end walking over to see Loki aiming a gun awkwardly "how are you guys going?" I jogged over wondering if they needed help.
"Ahhhh miss Libreté, you seem to be working well with your team mates" I look up to see sir "hey sir, yea it's going pretty well" I look into his eyes and noticed something was bugging him "is there something you need?" I turned to face him crossing my arms "yes there is, please follow me" I frowned and walked up next to him "they know you're here" my eyes widened "they can't this place is double protected from anyone who isn't in a-"
"But they found a way" I cursed under my breath "what? If they know I'm here why am I still alive?" He placed his hands behind his back "because they don't want to kill you anymore because something bad has risen" I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

But his face was completely serious "Sir you realize I'm evil as well? What so they're going to use me? Fire against fire? That's not the best plan" he sighed nodding in agreement "what's this new evil anyway?"
He looked me dead in the eyes "they're in the school" I blinked dumbfounded "tell me more please I need as much info" he shook his head "no you need friends, a team."
He sighed loudly squeezing the bridge of his nose "I've already told you too much" he vanished into thin air.

"hey Vic you okay?" I flinched when Zac touched my shoulder, "not really" Zac grabbed my arm and held it tightly "you were scratching yourself" I looked at my arm and saw they were bleeding "sorry" I muttered "I need to go, keep training them I'll be back soon."

Zac nodded confused As I flew towards the library.
"Can I help you?" And old shaky voice asked "umm yes I need a book on hybrids" I walked towards a desk and saw and old woman there peering through  her big thick glasses "any specific hybrids dear?" She squinted her eyes at the darkly lit book,
"Well I was wondering if you had any on a vampire, werewolf and angel hybrid" he eyes looked at me scanning me "why do you need it?" She glared at me with her crazy red eyes "a project" I lied "it's in isle 110" I frowned and looked behind me and realized how far back the shelves go "ruffly where abouts is it" I asked looking back at her to see she was sleeping "okay let's do this." I muttered to myself.

"There is absolutely no isle 110, there isn't even a isle after 109!" I shouted to myself getting a harsh shush from the old librarian "what ever" I muttered getting up Accidentally knocking a book off a book shelf "shit" I bent over to pick it up to see it wasn't a book but a decoy of one.

I peered over at the bookshelf it fell off of and notice a little silver button sitting there "huh" I looked around and saw no one was here but I should've guessed it since everyone had class now "here goes nothing" I pressed the silver button slightly burning me but the book shelf that landed against the wall pulled apart from the middle "must be 10 and 9 now" I did a little drum beat in my head but shook my head and saw an old stair case with a sign saying "only Angels" I rolled my eyes and started walking though but getting thrown backwards "okay fine then" I shifted into my angel form letting my wings hang freely.

I must admit it felt wonderful to have them out but I had to move quickly before anyone saw me in this form.

I quickly jogged down the long swirly stair case into a little stone room where I saw an old dusty bookshelf leaning against the wall with a fairy lighting up the room "hello, I haven't seen anyone down here in hundreds of years" a little voice squeaked "yea well there isn't much angels around anymore is there?" I said walking over to the wall about to pick up a book when the fairy flew in front of my hand stopping me from touching the book "an angel that never got taught manners how rude" the little white light snapped "I'm sorry" I frowned confused "you never went to heaven have you?" I shook my head no, the heaven I was in was a more 'angle training' heaven and we mostly learnt about evil "well books that are usually protected by fairies and pixies right? Well the books have a spell on them so only we can touch it and if you tried to touch you will face consequences" the light flew to the top of the bookshelf "which is?" I asked "death sweetly now anyway what book?" The light flew towards me sitting on my shoulder "one about a hybrid of a vampire, werewolf and angel" the light gasped "why?" I shrugged "for a project" I lied against the light was reluctant and flew towards the bookshelf grabbing a book and throwing it towards my hitting my chest with a light thud "be careful you'll be pulled into a mess you don't want to be in" I frowned but nodded walking back up the stairs into the dark library shifting back into my vamp side speeding into my room with the red leather bound book with a strange emblem on the front.