Chapter 14: The Society

Soundtrack:

"King for a Day" by Pierce the Veil/Kellin Quinn
"meet me at our spot" by Loveless
"overwhelmed" by Royal & The Serpent
"Electric Love" by Børns

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the second day of Tyler being under, Wednesday starts getting worried that he won't wake up. Xavier's growing frustrated with not being able to have our own space again and he and Wednesday start bickering as soon as we get to the shed that night.

"When I said you could stay here, I meant like one, maybe two days tops."

"What am I supposed to do, Xavier? It's not like he's even conscious."

"Take him to the honeybee shed or something, isn't that where your uncle stayed last year?"

Wednesday crosses her arms across her chest and glares at Xavier. "Im NOT making Tyler sleep in the honeybee shed. Why don't you just take Anna there?"

"Because this is my shed!" Xavier scoffs. "And I'm not fucking in a honeybee shed."

"I think that takes the cake for the strangest sentence I've ever woken up to." Tyler mutters from the futon, rubbing his eyes.

Xavier runs his hand through his hair and bites his bottom lip. I can see the amusement on his face even through his hesitation. Wednesday stares into Tyler's eyes and starts lightly touching the bandages on his shoulder, checking that they are still dry.

"You were out for like two days." Wednesday says while helping him sit up.

Tyler brings his hand to his forehead and rubs it. "It feels like I've been sleeping for a month," he pauses and glances between Xavier and Wednesday. "I thought you guys were getting along now."

"Oh, we are. Lover boy here is just upset because we're using his little love shack," she grins evilly at Xavier.

He furrows his eyebrows in disgust. "That entire sentence was awful."

"You've called me worse."

"Not to your face," Xavier smirks. "And I was mostly kidding anyway."

"So you didn't mean it when you told Enid that I was a-"

If Wednesday Addams says the word cock I swear I'm going to lose it. Tyler and I just watch the two of them go back and forth as he sits on the futon and I pull myself up onto one of the many tables. He looks up at me and I just shrug, trying not to laugh.

Xavier throws his hands up and scoffs. "It was a joke, Wednesday. Ever heard of one?"

She rolls her eyes and shouts something back. Tyler grabs the bag of caramel popcorn from the floor and starts eating it.

"Should we do something?" Tyler asks me since it doesn't appear that the two of them are going to stop anytime soon.

"Well maybe if you actually appreciated your friends other than when you need them for something, you'd have more people on your side."

Xavier shrugs and I see Wednesday wince, but quickly shake it off. "I don't need anyone."

I nudge Tyler and he nods. "Got it. One sec."

Tyler stands up behind Wednesday and wraps his arms around her waist. She instantly quiets and shuts her eyes.

"Wednesday, you're scared. You can deny it all you want, but I know you, probably better than anyone. You don't have to take on the whole world by yourself." Tyler whispers.