Chapter 24: Breaking Down, in a Good Way

A/N: Pretty big spicy scene towards the end of this chapter 🔥

~~~~~~~~

Soundtrack:

"Kissing in Cars" by Pierce the Veil
"Stupid for You" by Waterparks
"Tidal Wave" by Chase Atlantic
"OHMAMI" by Chase Atlantic

~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to the sound of an acoustic guitar and realize Xavier isn't beside me anymore, so I pull the blanket off of my head and sit up. Xavier is sitting in a chair across the room with a guitar I didn't know he had. The song he's playing is definitely familiar to me and I get off of the bed and stand near him, just listening.

"As we wake up in your room, your face is the first thing I see." It's Pierce the Veil's 'Kissing in Cars' and I know because their music meant a lot to me when I was in the mental hospital. "The first time I've seen love, and the last I'll ever need."

I'm stuck between wanting to cry and wanting to hug him so close that our souls become one. I don't know if he knew the special place in my heart that Pierce the Veil had, but it means so much more to me hearing it sung by him so beautifully. I watch him for a bit longer, still fighting back the urge to cry happy tears, until he finally looks up at me a little after the second verse. I chew on my bottom lip and go over and wrap my arms around his neck. Because he's sitting down, I'm like a tiny bit taller than him, just enough that I can hug him easily.

He puts his guitar down beside him and hugs me around my waist. "I'm really fucking sorry for last night, Princess. It's already Saturday night and we spent most of the day sleeping."

"I would rather spend an entire day with you sleeping or doing nothing, than doing something extravagant without you. Plus, you were adorable last night. I mean, you're always adorable, but you asked me if I was mad at you like four times and I kept telling you I wasn't, but it was cute." I giggle and sit on his lap.

"I actually do have a really big surprise for you though," he kisses my nose. "What do you think about going with me, just me, to Salem for like three days?"

I stare at him. How on earth are we going to do that? Get Tyler or Yoko to drop us off two hours away? "How would we get there?"

He grins. "There's more to the surprise than just going to Salem."

"What, did your parents like gift you a car or something?" I joke.

Xavier nods and says, "They actually did, for my birthday. Obviously, it's not here though, so they're coming here in a little bit to bring it here."

"T-tonight?"

"Yeah, they wanted to take us out to dinner because you haven't met my mom yet."

I stand up and start stammering, nothing that makes any sense comes out until I ask, "You're giving me like maybe an hour's notice that I'm going to be meeting your mom? What if she hates me? She's going to think I'm just another dumb teenage girl that got knocked up in high school and-"

"Anna, baby, calm down," Xavier says sweetly, trying not to laugh. "My mom's not like that, they're actually pretty cool. You met my dad and he loved you, so I'm sure my mom will too."

My stomach starts to feel like a tidal wave. "Do they know?"

"Actually, your aunt told my mom," he laughs.

I hold my face in my hands. "What? How did that come about?"

"Apparently, they ran into each other at the grocery store and your aunt was going on about how it's been so long since there's been a baby in the family and how excited my mom must be. My mom was so confused, but she was stoked when she figured it out." He smiles and tries to keep me from getting overwhelmed.