Chapter 23: Badass Bitch Vibes

Soundtrack:

"6 Months" by Hey Monday
"Around the World and Back" by State Champs and Jule Vera
"For You" by Get Scared
"Brutal" by Olivia Rodrigo
"At the end of the day" by Wallows
"Stereo Hearts" by Gym Class Heroes (added by Xavierslover who also has an awesome fic)
"You Got It" by Roy Orbison

~~~~~~~~~

"You know, to be completely honest, Princess, you handled that way better than I would have," Xavier says while looking into my eyes.

I raise an eyebrow. "Oh?"

He laughs. "If some guy came up there and was all over you and said the shit that she said, I more than likely would've just killed him."

"Xavier!" I gawk at him even though I know he's probably not joking and I would have probably been more pissed off than I was at that girl if I hadn't already been feeling so sick.

"Enid said you got sick before you left, which made me feel even worse about the whole thing."

"I mean, I'm only growing a tiny human inside of me, Xavier, you know, no big deal," I joke even though that wasn't the only reason I got sick, but I don't want him to feel bad about it anymore.

Xavier smiles at me and it's the kind of smile that makes me so warm and fuzzy inside. "My tiny human."

"I can't battle your seven evil exes though, I could barely handle that," I say, sighing.

"Okay, Scott Pilgrim," he laughs, "but I don't have seven evil exes, I barely even have one ex and you guys are basically friends. I mean, if you want a list of every girl I've ever spoken to in my life, I can definitely-"

I put my hand up to stop him. "No, nope, definitely not. Thank you for the lovely offer though, but I'll pass."

"Wait, you think I mean something else, don't you?" He asks once he realizes my mood has dropped slightly.

I look down and shrug, but he gently lifts my chin up so our eyes meet. "I told you she's literally nothing but a liar. I never sent her anything like that. Why would I?"

"So, I really am the only one?" I feel like I've won the lottery.

He laughs and tucks my hair behind my ears. "Yes, Princess, physically, emotionally, virtually, every single way. You're like a drug to me."

The way I giggle and smile, I swear to God. "You said you post about us on your instagram? I didn't even know you had an instagram."

Xavier pulls it up on his phone and hands it to me. His username is literally just xavier and I have no idea how he managed to snag that. His photo is a photo of us we took at the harvest festival together before the chaos happened and it's adorable. Under his name and photo is his bio:

Artist of some type. Dreamer of shitty dreams. Lover of the most amazing girl in this whole world.

I scroll down through his posts and most of them are of the two of us or are artsy shots of nature. Xavier is actually quite the photographer apparently. I tap on a photo he posted of the cover of the notebook he gave me. The caption says 'I'll write you every word I've ever felt, ever meant, about why you're the most perfect combination of atoms this universe has ever seen. Hopefully one day, maybe you'll believe it too.'

A notification pops up on the top of his screen that says 'BrandiBaby has commented on your photo,' and without saying anything, I show Xavier the phone.

"Block her. I thought I already did. Block anyone you want, Princess." He smiles and shrugs.

"You know she's a siren, right?" I ask, scrolling through her photos until I find one of her without her contacts.