Chapter 6

Nathalie's POV:

I carefully stand on the tops of my beige heels as I tape the last corner of the white and gold "Happy Birthday!!" sign inside the Agreste's dining room.

"Done!" I say to no one but myself as I step back looking around the dining room I decorated all by myself.

I wipe my hands together trying to dust off the sticky gold glitter from the sign.

"It looks good in here." Gabriel says coming through the open entrance.

He stands, swiveling around looking over the decadent room.

I blew up about a billion balloons and placed them all over the floor, a large black table cloth covers the long oak table gold confetti scattered neatly around the cloth. Adrian's chair is then covered in little gold and black streamers.

"Ah thanks." I reply turning around to face him.

The 7am morning sun glows softly from the windows, bouncing around the room catching all the gold decorations and making the room shimmer.

We stand there silently looking everywhere but each others eyes.

Hes been so nice to me lately, nice like he used to be. I don't know what changed....but im glad it did.

We had that talk about our high school days and after that night I couldn't get it out of my head. We talked, like actually talked to each other and it wasn't about work for once. Which it had been far too long since we talked to each other like friends and not boss and assistant.

Breaking the silence I look up at him and find already him looking at me with a look and I cannot tell what he's thinking.

"You're welcome to come tonight to the party. Marinette said we are both welcome."

It was a few days ago I brought up the secret party Adrian's friends were throwing him to Gabriel. I was partially prepared to fight him on the subject, even had a whole speech about it, that I spent several minutes in the bathroom going over.

But to my surprise yet again he said Adrian could go.

He sighs looking away from me, rubbing the back of his neck in the same way Adrian does when he's nervous.

"I-I don't think he would like me there."

My eyes saddened and I step up to him. He looks down to me and drops his arm.

Gabriel's tall, like I mean basketball player tall, I know he's around 6'4, which is crazy. I'm quite tall myself standing at 5'10 and even more with my heels, but I still stand a good few inches shorter than him.

"Oh I don't think that sir. I think he would be over joyed to have you at his party." I say grabbing his arm in a sincere way.

He looks down to me glancing at my hand on him.

"If you're so sure, I'll try to make it."

A small smile takes place on my red painted lips and I squeeze his arm once before letting go.

"Sounds good sir."

A 'ring!' goes off from my phone and I pull it out seeing my reminder to go get Adrian up. I had quite the day planned for us. Since his father was busy with the last bits of work for the show next week I offered to keep Adrian busy by going around town. I would then take him I unsuspiciously him to his 'photos shoot'. My cover story for the surprise party.

"Well I should go get the birthday boy up." I say nodding my goodbye before I leave the room that felt slight heated from Gabriel's gaze on me.

Once upstairs I gently knock on Adrian's door just in case we was up. No response. I quietly push open the door and walk in closing it behind me.