14. CALLER AGAIN

As Eleanor was grabbing the door of her office building her phone began to ring. When she saw the number and the name she put in for that contact, she immediately went into the small alley beside her office to answer her phone, so no one would be listening.

Eleanor Kensington AKA Shadow

Hello.

Viper

Hello Shadow.

Shadow

What do you want Viper, I though I told you not to call me again. (She said it on a harsh tone)

Viper

Whoa whoa whoa there tiger, not so fast.

Shadow

Ok, listen here you prick.

You are not in charge here, so either you tell me what you want, or I hang up right now.

Viper

Ok, ok, please don't hang up.

I may have information for you.

Shadow

You may? (Laughs a little)

And your information is probably irrelevant like last time.

Viper

No, I promise it's not irrelevant.

Shadow

Ok then, talk, you got 2 minutes.

Viper

Ok, well I got some intel about the file that the police are constructing on you.

Shadow

Ok, and?

Viper

Well, it seems they made a map with all your apparition, and they discovered some sort of pattern with it.

They're trying to find out where you could've pass in town so they can discover your identity.

Shadow

As if they are going to succeed. (Laughs)

Viper

Well, they are close.

They are on to you...

Shadow

Yeah, I'm sure they are.

I'll have to check that for myself. (Laughs again)

Viper

Well, your contacts are going to tell you the same thing I just said. (A little too confident)

Shadow

Probably not, but sure.

Viper

Will see about that. (A little too confident)

Some loud noise can be heard in the background of the call on Viper's side.

Shadow immediately maxes her volume to better hear what was going on in the background.

Shadow ears a hash and deep voice saying something like... wait what detective?

So, he was at the police station and probably worked there by the sound of it.

Shadow is definitely going to do something about it but just to be sure she turns on her tracking device to know where he's calling from to back up her thinking. She just has to talk to him for another 30 seconds.

Shadow

Well, thank you, I guess for this information.

Viper

Well, you're very welcome.

But how are you not scared of what will happen to you once they catch you?

Shadow

Why should I be? They are no going to catch me right now. (Chuckles)

I'm not sure they will even find me, unless I turn myself in.

Which I won't do.

Viper

Will see about that...

It may be sooner than later.

But I still hope you well, Shadow...

Shadow

Aww you care about me, you're going to make me blush there, Viper. (She says jokingly)

(5 seconds left, she decides to audio record Viper's voice since he doesn't seem to change it according to her)

Viper

Not that much, don't put words in my mouth.

Shadow

Ok, alright.

I'm tired of talking to you anyway, so...

Viper

Yeah, yeah sure.

Goodbye Shadow, I wish you well.

Shadow

I wish I could say the same, goodbye Viper.

They hang up the phone.

Shadow takes a deep breath and checks the location that Viper was calling from, so she could plan her next move.

After everything, she heads up into the office building and makes her way to her desk.