I swallow hard, trying to keep my panic inside.

DISCLAMER 

This chapter depicts violence, read discretion is advised.

Hey my cuties, please read the advisory above, and be aware that this part does contain violence, nothing over the top but at the end of the chapter I will put a little disruption of that interaction if you do wish to skip.  It starts at "Abe looks at it...", and ends at "'Cyrus.' Abe's voice cut in..." 

And if you like this, and the rest I have put out please vote and comment. Love every one of ya.

Playlist: 

My Own Worst Enemy by Lit

Should I Stay Or Should I Go by The Clash

when the party's over by Billie Eilish

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Where's the kids?"

Abe swivels the chair around, leaning back. "Probably in the backyard, I don't know."

"You're supposed to be looking after them."

"Well, there's six of them, and if someone wants to kidnap them, that's fine with me."

"You're being an extra smart ass today, for someone that's suspended." Abe seems to stiffen up a little. "Yeah, that's right. I got the voicemail. If they want another home visit, I'll break both your goddamn legs again, Ham, I swear to it." Abe mumbles something. "What did you say?" The man took two steps towards him.

"Nothing." He turns away from the man.

"Whose bag is that?" My skin turns cold, I forgot my bag where it sat on Abe's bed.

Abe looks at it, avoiding a glance my way. "Probably one of the girls, I don't know."

The man notices his gaze avert to the closet and looks in my direction. He makes a move towards it; Abe jumps up quickly, grabbing the man's arm. His father turns on him faster than I could blink, wrapping his hands around Abe's throat, slamming back against his desk, and swiftly planting two punches into his face within seconds. He lets go, letting Abe's body drop to the ground, and turns his attention back to the closet.

My chest tightened the second I saw his hand close around Abe's neck, I felt as if my body wants to hyperventilate, but I am too scared to make a noise, too frozen to move.

"Cyrus." Abe's voice cuts in weakly, the man turns back at him. "There's a girl in there, we were fooling around, and she's indecent. Please, she'll get dressed, and she'll leave. I'm sorry."

The man looks from Abe to the closet, and back to him. With a headshake, he walks up to Abe, reaching into his pocket, and pulls something out that glistens red against the sunlight, as he tosses it at Abe.

"Get her the hell out of my house." He takes one more glance my way, as he left the room.

I swallow hard, trying to keep my panic inside, this wasn't about me, I needed to help Abe. Clumsily, I jump out of the closet, stumbling my way over, falling to my knees in front of him. "Are you okay? You need to call the cops, Abe, I have my phone. I can stay with you until they get here." I sit up, reaching for my bag.

"Thea." He put his free hand on my arm, bringing it back to his chest, his other hand clenching onto whatever his dad had tossed him. "You don't think the cops haven't been here before?"