It lies there, in eternal silence, dead and forgotten, much like us.

Disclaimer for this and the next two chapter!

These chapters will be depicting violence, reader discretion is advised.

Okay, so there is a war going on, and there will be battles. Along with the blood I feel maybe I will give a slight heads up, but for more violent, such as the next chapter, I will put a disclaimer, but I tried to keep it PG-13. 

With that said, I would like any feed back on anything that crosses lines, or any complains, throw them at me, I can handle it. Thank you for reading, and I hope you are enjoying this book. 

I love ya.

Playlist:

Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls

I Ain't Worried by OneRepublic

Run by Snow Patrol

Dangerous by David Guetta feat. Sam Martin 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up in total darkness. My eyes widen as they gaze up at the ceiling, I am now fully awake, fantastic. The clock flashes almost two in the morning, nearly five hours before I normally woke up for school. With a groan, I lift my pillow and push it against my face. I was so tired yesterday, but now I finally got to sleep, and I'm awake. Nya's words ring in my head, and curiosity gets the better of me.

I place my pillow on the bed, sitting upright to see the view through the window. The moonlight's brilliance enables me to observe the entire backyard, the neighboring trees, and, concealed within those shadows, a figure pacing where the moonlight barely unveils him. Surprised that he showed up, I unlatch my window, and push it up a bit. He shifts around. Two dots of green burning into me. I lift my hand in a half wave; he returns the gesture. Despite wanting to kill me, he took this protection seriously.

Chilled by the cool, dying summer air, I grab a blanket off my bed, securing it around me as I slip on my slippers. Sneaking downstairs, I find Milo by the backdoor, carrying a backpack. He donned a simple bomber jacket, creating the impression of an unspecified soldier.

"What do you think you're doing?" He hisses, his eyes luminous against the window.

I shrug, stepping out into the yard. "I couldn't sleep, and I figured I'd ask you if you want-"

"No." He points back to the house. "Go back inside."

"I want to kno-"

"No."

"Le-"

"No, never, ever, ever invite a kite into your house. Not me, not Nya, not even Levi. Never. Do you understand me?"

"Do you want a blanket?" I finally slip out.

He looks taken aback by that but swiftly recovers, his voice warm with a kindness I doubted came easily to him. "I don't need it."

I beam and tighten mine around me. "But it's warm."

"No." He turns and starts back to the edge of the woods, and I follow. His patience wearing, he wheels on me, staring daggers. "Go back inside."

"No, I'm not scared." I pass him by.

"You should be."

"You're here." I turn my attention towards him. "Nothing to be scared of."