A scream of pure panic and pain fills our town.

Nothing much to say today, except that I love ya. And if you like this please vote and comment? If you wish. 

Playlist

Fear of the Dark by Iron Maiden

Doubt By Twenty One Pilots 

Breathin' by Ariana Grande

------

A scream of pure panic and pain fills our town early Sunday morning. I sit bolt right in bed, the early morning light streaming in through my window. The scream echoes off the hills and bounces in every direction, ending up rattling in my brain. My dad burst into my room, we exchange glances, then I jump out of bed. My mom has her arms around my brothers in the hallway.

"Diego, what the hell is going on?" She pushes herself with the boys back towards her room.

"I..." My dad looks from her to down the stairs. "I have no idea. You stay here with the boys, Thea, get your shoes on and come with me."

I turn into my room, sliding on a random pair of shoes, and jump out of my room, still in my sweats. I only glance back to my mom, who was whispering something to my brothers as she ushers them into her room, then I follow my dad down the stairs, and into the early morning. The sky was gray and the air chilly, a frost covered the grass as my dad rushed towards the gathering crowd. All eyes were looking at Sunset. Panic settles in my chest, I forgot my phone inside, but fear glues me to the spot I stand.

The screaming abruptly stops.

It didn't fade, it's off, like someone switches a switch. Voices of our neighbors fill the morning silence.

"What the hell are those people doing up there?" Mr. Lehmbeck asks, looking back at his neighbor Mr. Knapp.

"Satanic practices, I told you those people were up to no good." Mrs. Nunez screeches before anyone has a chance to throw out a more sensible reasoning. "She knows." Mrs. Nunez points a long boney finger at me. "She goes up there."

"Hey, come on Patty, do not put this on my daughter." My dad stands between her and me.

"Tell them, tell them about how they welcome Satan into their hearts and now they are paying for it, girl. Have you let Satan in?"

"Patty, seriously." Mr. Knapp laughs. "Leave the girl alone, she probably isn't aware of anything."

My dad looks at me, but I shake my head, I really know nothing. My dad sends me back inside, and I head up the stairs. I hear my mom in her room with my brother asking her if they can come out and see what is going on, but I turn into my room and grab my phone. Only Harper and Charlie sent texts, not anyone from up the hill. I call Nya, no answer so I text her to call me, I call Levi and nothing either. Then I make a call to Abe, but even he doesn't respond, still I get a sense that he's avoiding my calls.

Startled by sirens, I hurriedly descend the stairs and exit the house. Cop cars sat outside the gate, a few trying every button to call someone to let them in, I wonder what will happen if no one lets them in. My phone vibrates in my hand, and without looking, I answer.

"Are you okay?" It's Abe. "There was a screaming this morning."

"Yes," I sigh. "I think it was up the hill from where I live."

Abe is quiet for a second longer than necessary, then he recovers himself. "Damn, that's close, do you want me to come over?"

I gaze at my dad's back, he would be furious if a boy showed up. "No, I don't believe my parents would be pleased. My mom is hiding out with my brothers, and my dad is doing his dad duty."