You see, our table is that way.

As our temperatures here in the norther hemisphere rises, I long more and more for the up coming months, bringing not just cooler days, but yes, Halloween. But not today, today is still July. 

Bleh.

But what is not bleh is how much I love y'all. I hope whether it be summer or winter or whatever season that brings you here to me, you are my people, and I care so deeply for you. Love yourself, you are a special inside and out, and I'm here rooting for you.

Playlist time! 

Sit Next To Me by Foster the People

Shatter by O.A.R

-----

Reaching the tunnel's opening, I discover an open door, with Nya and Levi waiting anxiously.

"How was it?" Levi asks the second I close the door.

"Fine, really. What?" Both Nya and Levi focused on each other instead of me. "Seriously, it was."

"Was he nice?" Nya looks at me disbelieving.

"No, of course not, but I learned a lot. We're going to start swimming on Wednesday, he's going to find a pool, and have you let me know, is that okay?"

"Of course." Nya's face relaxes. "I'll text or call you when he lets me know."

I show happiness, embracing her. "Thank you." I gaze in Levi's direction. "Thank you both. I will meet up with you later, alright?"

Levi and Nya walk me to the door saying their goodbyes, and I leave the house, heading down the hill, and towards my home.

"You stink." Aaron says the second I'm in the kitchen.

"That's saying a lot coming from us," Caleb retorts.

"I'm going to shower, so I'm not stuck smelling like you two." I roll my eyes at them. In my bathroom, I go up, shower, dry and style my hair, and do my makeup. When I come back down to the kitchen an hour later, my brother's glance in my direction.

"You still stink." They both say simultaneously.

"I hate you. Mom," I call into the house. "I'm going to meet Harper and Charlie; I'm going to eat with them, so don't wait up."

"Do you want a ride?" She calls back.

"No, I'll be okay."

"Call me if you can't get a ride home."

"Okay." I give my brothers a scornful glance and leave the house. I savored the walk to town as fall progressed. Even on the rainy days I find nature in this state coming alive, the vivid colors, the smells, even the cool air. Despite being just a 20-minute journey, my mom vehemently disapproves of me walking to town. She outright prohibits it when it's raining. Fortunately, today is a beautiful sunny day, although cold, with the sun hanging low over the hills. I spot Abe as the streetlights flickered on, he looks nice, dressed up even, leaning up against a wall outside the restaurant we picked.

My breath gets caught in my throat a second before he realizes me coming up. His hair had been cropped shorter away from his face, and styled up, he isn't wearing a band t-shirt. His appearance should reflect his true self, not constantly hiding, and he appears incredibly attractive. Regret and doubts emerge as I question whether this is genuinely a date, especially after inviting others. When he notices me, a hint of laziness flickers across his face, transforming into a wide grin that reveals his teeth, as if he can't contain his enthusiasm at seeing me.