A curfew was imposed in our town.

Happy Saturday my lovies! I hope it's a great, and magically day for all of you. 

If you like anything you read today, not just my work, but anyone's makes sure you vote and comment, it really helps out and uncourageous us to keep writing.

Love you.

And the playlist:

Animal by Neon Trees

Should I Stay Or Should I Go by The Clash

------

Monday and Tuesday were buzzing about the screaming, no one coming up with an answer near the truth. Upon learning that I lived nearby, people would approach me, but I rolled with the sensationalized story the cops told. Most agreed with my dad. A curfew was imposed in our town, igniting anger. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied after dark, with no exceptions past 10 PM. I suspect Levi's involvement.

Abe avoids discussing it and appears to avoid our company. He only sits with me on the bus and during class, but otherwise finds excuses to keep his distance. At lunch on Tuesday, we sat outside in the beautiful, sun-filled day, but I spot Abe with Alfie over by the bleachers. Not wanting to cause anything, I don't bring it up, though I'm sure Harper saw it too. I feel bad; I didn't mean to hurt him, but clearly, I hit something deep. Charlie tells me to shrug it off, he will get out of his mood soon enough.

Wednesday, things finally fall into place. Harper doesn't show up on the bus, or our shared class in the morning time. "Have you heard from her?" I ask Charlie for the fourth time that day, as we leave our last class before lunch.

She looks down at her phone and lets out a low sigh. "No, I'm starting to get worried, she normally responds within a few hours, and doesn't skip school. She's probably with Abe." She convinced herself she went with him to stop him from being dumb after he didn't show up for science either.

We go over to my locker to switch out my books. "Everything is probably fine. She'll update us soon about what's happening."

I close the door and direct my attention to Charlie, who is distracted by something down the hall. I follow her eyes to where Dex stands, a girl pulled into him, their lips pushed together as if they were trying to breathe life into each other. Next to that was Abe, leaning on his arm which rested on the locker, talking to a girl who has a happy grin wide on her lips while looking up at him. "I guess she isn't with Abe." I mumble, a hollow feeling settling in my stomach.

Alfie approaches with a stoned expression on his face and grins at the girl while his lips are in motion. She pushes herself off the wall, slapping him in the face with her hair as she storms off. Abe glares down at him, whacking him in the chest. Alfie shrugs as he talks, cocking a thumb towards me. Abe looks up, meeting me right in the eye for a second, then he looks down.

"That's it, I'm going to talk to him." She stomps her foot down and starts down the hall towards him.

"Charlie no, wait." I follow behind her, but it's too late, she was on a mission.

"Between you and Dex, you get all the hot girls, and the rest look at me like I'm a dirtbag." Alfie's words are slurred.

"You are a dirtbag." Charlie huffs, but her eyes are on Abe, I stand behind her like a child hiding behind her mom.

"Yeah, he is." Dex smirks dumbly, coming up for air, then he lowers himself back down against the girl's lips.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Charlie ignores him. "What are you doing? Why are you spiraling again? Thea made a mistake, yes, but you can't let every little thing get to you. This is childish Abraham, look at yourself."