What is the point of this? Once Jude finds out about this...

Hello my kitties! I hope the week has been a great one, and the up coming week is even better. Thank you so much for thanking the time to read my story, and if you are enjoying it please remember to vote, comment, and, of course, keep on enjoying! I love you!

Today's playlist:

Unwell by Matchbox Twenty

Free by Florence + The Machine 

In My Blood by Shawn Mendes 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This can't be real." I grab my head. "This absolutely cannot be real."

"Thea." Nya takes my hand in hers. "I really wish I was telling you it's not, that this is all a joke or hallucination, but it's very much real." She looks at Milo. "Stand up and rub your stomach." Milo's eyes glaze over right in front of me as he stands up and rubs his stomach. Even Mr. Raka is holding back a laugh as Milo snaps back to attention and glares at Nya. He must be cussing at her in some other language as he takes his seat. "See?" Nya looks back at me.

"Making a mockery of me is not going to help in this situation." He snarls at her, her lips press together to keep back a laugh.

"She meant nothing by it." Mr. Raka's voice is kind.

"What is the point of this? Once Jude finds out about this..." Milo's voice trails off.

"My son, he probably already has." A new somber atmosphere replaces the laughter they held. "We will do what we must, to protect not ourselves, but Thea too. I will let the others in on this decision, and let them weight the considerations, but here, in this house, there is no exception. Thea will now be protected by us."

"The others? Is everyone here on this hill, are they all vampires? Or kites, or whatever?" I glance in retrospect at Mr. Raka.

"Yes, everyone down this hill is all either reformed or young kites. An awfully long time ago, we were considered gods and were treated that way. Through time, though, we went from gods to monsters, and were forced out of the life of luxury, to feeding off people in secret. Most found homes in caves or popularized in a more modern age underground. Most kites will live in groups called nests, and they will hunt and feed together. But if not checked, then they begin to turn on each other and go rogue. I have seen many good people, good kites, lose control and go rogue," His eyes flicker to Milo, who finally looks away from me. "But I feel like we can reform them."

"Fine, if you want to jeopardize our kind, then do not drag me down with you." Milo stands up, and leaves the room, slamming his bedroom door.

Mr. Raka watches him leave, then looks back at me. "I started this project a very, very, very long time ago, first in Russia, then across Asia, and into Europe. When the colonials came over to the new world we followed, continuing our reform into the new world, and then the industrial age moved in, and the future came so fast, and I'm so scared our secret would come out. We've been lucky this far, but kites are a dying breed, there are only a few ten thousand or so left. Now that's not a terrible thing, but it's breaking some of the nest apart. I began to find more and more rogues seeking refuge, and I'm not one to turn away, but unfortunately, more times than not, they want a safe place to return to, and keep hunting."

"What project?"

He smiles. "This of course. We have been building communities as a safe place for our kind to live their lives however long they want."