Sun created Mother Life and the moon Father death.

So, I will be posting all of next week, a chapter for Wednesday the 26th, and Saturday the 29th. I will not be posting the week of the 30th-6th, and I'll be online the Sunday. On Wednesday the 10th, my next chapter will be out. Have a safe Fourth of July, and don't blow your hands off with fire works! 

Please comment and vote if you like it so far.

And don't forget I love you, and hope you're doing well.

Playlist: 

Cosmic Love by Florence + The Machine 

I Get Overwhelmed by Dark Rooms

---------------------------------------------------------------

My cheek flush hot when I look him up and down once, then a second time, my eyes finds his as he must realize what I was doing. But I couldn't help it, Milo is wearing shorts and a black tank top, more pink scars show up the part of his arm and shoulder I had never seen. "It's a myth, Nya doesn't even tell it right."

"But kites are supposed to be a myth and yet, here you are."

"How would you tell it, oh powerful Milo." Nya puffs.

"In the beginning of time there was the sun and the moon," He leans against the wall. "Born to be sworn enemies, but loved each other the second they saw each other. The world was created to keep them separate, so the sun created Mother Life and the moon Father death that way they would be together still. They had four children; Mind, soul, body, and nature, and all of them began to age. Mother observed as aging inevitably brought about death, and this saddened her as she realized that her children would eventually be separated from her, so she pleaded with Father to assist her in unraveling the secret of eternal life. The second it was done, she regretted her actions, but all Father saw was eternal life, and in his weakest moment he took it."

"That's not how I was told." Nya sulks.

"It's not real, we had workers, and they bred to where their power was numbed. That's all, let's get to work."

"You don't have to be so mean," Nya mumbles.

"What are you guys wearing?" His eyes narrow at us when we stand up.

"Workout clothes?" Nya rolls her eyes at him. "You told us to change."

"We're not going to the gym and taking pictures of each other."

"Do you realize how old you sound?" Nya laughs.

He pushes a wooden stake in her hands and then comes over to me with another. "I don't care." He shoves it in my hands roughly, not taking his hand away right away. "Wood can't kill, only paralyze, depending on how far you get in the heart it takes longer, but the body will heal pushing it out." He explains to me.

"Why are we practicing with them?" Nya holds it up.

"I don't want to actually kill you." He shakes his head.

She grins with a confident demeanor. "Oh. You don't want me killing you."

"If you can land one hit on me, I'll let you use the shed for whatever you want, whenever you want." He leans into her.

Her smile widens. "Deal!"

"What about me? If I land a hit?"

He doesn't even grace me with a glance as he walks towards the outside of the mat. "I will walk out in the sunlight right now."

"Well," Resting the stake in the crook of my arm, I pick up the ball from the ground and throw the ball at him, but he swats it away without even looking at me. "I hope you have some sunscreen."

He sits on the ground. "Show me what you got."

"How?" Nya looks between me and him. "You want me to attack a human?"

"She stands a chance."

"Don't be mean." Nya says seriously, but he looks at us. "You need to be a better teacher and give us direction."

"Here's the direction, attack each other. What more do you need?" He stretches his legs out in front of him, leaning back on his hands.

I walk up to Nya and poke her in the chest with the stake. "Point to me."

Nya laughs as she holds up her stake and begins to chase me, I scream running the other direction, laughing every time she appears in front of me. We play this game for a few minutes until I become aware of Milo and stop. He had sat back up; his head in his hands.

"Do you want to take this seriously?" He drops his hands, his hair falling into his face.

We gaze at each other, then downwards. He stands up, walking over to the center, and faces Nya. I take the hint and go sit where he sat. "You don't have a stake?"

"I don't need one. Without your work, hit me." He pats his chest. She raises her stake and jabs it at him, but he swats it away. "Come on, hit me." She tries again, this time faster and harder, but again he swats her hand away. "You're not even trying, hit me." She tries to do a fake out, where she goes straight, but the last second, when his hand is coming, drops down and goes up. But he grabs her wrist and pushes her away. "Nya, hit me."

"Hey stop!" I try to yell.

"I'm trying!" She screams, ramming the stake right at him. He stuck up his hand, and the stake sliced right through. Milo looks unfazed, and even lets her pull it out, blood running down his arm. The second it leaves his hand, she zips right behind in, but he spins around, knocking her legs out from under her.

"Stop it." I stood up, but they ignore me.

"This isn't trying, now try." She springs up, but he catches her arm and twists it back, causing her to drop the stake. "I said try."

"Why are you such an asshole?" She screams into his face, hot tears sliding down her face. With a hard twist, she pulls her wrist free and dives for the stake, but he is faster. A swift kick gets the stake spinning away from her grasp. She screams in frustration. "If I used my work-"

"You need to try without your damn work."

"You're just mad because I could get you, but you hate me because I'm a damn mind worker."

"Leave. I said if you cried-"

"I don't want to be part of this, anyway." She yells at him and turns to me. "Come on Thea."

"No, she stays, she'll join you when she cries."

"I'm not going to sit here and watch you abuse her." Nya snarls at him.

"You're not invited to. Go lick your wounds upstairs."

She gives me a pleading expression, urging me to come, but I turn back to him. "I want to try."

"You hurt her; Levi will have your ass." She spares me a glance before disappearing into the hallway.