If only Milo could see what he was teaching me wasn't in vain.

Disclaimer:

This chapter hints at an violent act of sexual nature. This is no description, just the idea of it. This may be traumatizing to some and please feel free to skin from it starts at "The happiness dropped from his face..." to "'Last year was hard on all of us."

Thank you.

Okay, my cuties.

Next week I will be gone, I like to moderate my chapter before I put it out there, but since I will be in a location where I will be unable to dedicate my time to my work, I will be taking off the 3rd and the 6th. I know this could be a sign that someone could be following off with their work, but don't fret! I have the next chapter ready for Wednesday the 10th, and there will be no my breaks for a while. Stay with me, and I promise not to disappear!

I love all y'all, and I care for anyone investing their time into this. 

Anywho, lets get to this chapters playlist: 

Everybody Talks by Neon Tree

Bang! by AJR

Nothing Left to Lose by mat Kearney

Stuck in the Middle with You by Stealer Wheel

-----

As the month faded, the trees in New Hampshire transformed from green and lush to yellow, oranges, browns, and reds, just as my dad had predicted. The temperature dropped, and for once in my life, I experienced sweater weather. We took our nightly walks earlier, taking in the season's perfection.

After the incident on Saturday, I was certain that it would be awkward, but Milo mostly ignored me, and when Nya lost control, her eyes heatedly fixed on him.

"Sit down and apologize." She demanded, and promptly Milo dropped, his eyes never focusing on her as his lips moved.

"I'm sorry." Then the color returned, and a glare wrinkled his face. "Get out."

"I don't want to do this anymore." He twisted and stomped towards the tunnel. "Thea." Her voice echoed from a distance, yet my focus remained on Milo, who had risen and was now tidying up after our mess.

"Milo?" It was my only attempt I was going to give myself, but as soon as his name left my lips he turned and, himself, headed up the tunnel, never gracing me with a glance. I met Nya up where she waited, her eyes still angry.

"He's an ass."

"Maybe he will be in a better mood next week." I sighed as we moved up, and that just garnered a laugh from Nya. The next three weekends unfolded similarly, with Nya's training sessions getting longer each time. However, whenever she would give up, either Milo or I would accompany her.

By October, I'm asked daily if I date Abe for various reasons, from my vision to my health. I ignore it, because in honesty I didn't know what to call what we have. I'm sure if Imma didn't show up that day a few months back, he would have kissed me, but since then he hadn't put any sort of move out there.

"Just tell them we got hitched." He brings it up at lunch in one cloudless October day after another person asks me if I was sick. He found it humorous.

"Why in the world would I even let the rumors fly that we got hitched?" I don't even glance up at him as I correct his homework.

"It'd be funny?"