The Protector

Y/n sits quietly on the chair, her wrist held between Cyrus's long fingers as he feels her pulse

The conversation she had with Arzhel half an hour ago helped calm her nerves a bit. And after Cyrus brought her back to her room, he coaxed her into eating something. She thought it would be hard to let him examine her. 

Y/n doesn't know how he did it, but he somehow managed to make her empty her whole plate, and even right now, as she sits and lets him take her vitals, he manages to avert her attention from his touch by feeding her sweet grapes.

She doesn't remember the last time she had grapes. Or any type of sweet food. It's doing wonders for her anxiety right now.

It's obvious he has done this before. She remembers his words from two hours ago. He said he works with the patients. No wonder he knows how to handle people. He must be really skilled. She can tell he uses his bright smile and gentle features to lure people, for them to easily lower their guards and let him in.

Y/n doesn't mind honestly. She is guilty of it too. Cause for some reason, she simply can't look away from his pretty dimples.

She looks up when Cyrus finally lets her hand go, nodding his head once to himself as he writes something down on his clipboard. The woman watches him work, dazed by the warmth in his pale skin and long blonde lashes.

They are a sight to behold.

Once done writing, Cyrus finally looks up from his clipboard and meets her hazy eyes. A smile lifts his lips and Y/n is greeted by the depths of his dimples again. "Well, Miss Y/n. It seems you have done quite a number on yourself."

Y/n blinks at his words. But she starts to understand when he asks. "Are you in your second trimester?" When Y/n nods, he continues. "Well, you are extremely dehydrated and underweight. And so is your child. With the few months left to your pregnancy, you need all the nutrients you can get, or it will be hard for you when giving birth. If the child survives till then, that is. We need to start taking care of your diet."

Y/n pales at that. She knew she was underweight. But she didn't know it would be that dangerous. If the child survives, he said. Back in the Vampire house, Y/n ate very little. Though they never starved her. It was her own fear and unwillingness that kept her holed up in her room.

To the point that Jin would sometimes bring food for her when things got too out of hand. They have a rule in that house. If you want something, work for it yourself. Y/n did help Jin around the kitchen a few times, but it was not enough to earn something.

And though Namjoon did cause a lot of damage to her mental health, he never starved her or stopped Jin from giving her treatment when she needed it.

Y/n slowly turns her attention up to Cyrus again and gives him a nod. The man smiles again, his pointy fangs peeking through his plump lips. "You will get better in no time. There is nothing to worry about."