Chapter 18: Blueberry pie

Chad woke up and then He took a shower and put on some clothes. He went downstairs and then seen that Sapphra was in the kitchen with grocery bags. Sapphra then said, "Maina said that we have to eat cereal but, I'm..." He took out supplies for a pie and then took out some blueberries. He then rinsed the blueberries while it was in a recycled plastic box, since it has water straining holes. Then, he put the blueberries on the table and gave Chad some blueberries. Chad looked at the blueberries because he never tasted them before, because he always thought that blueberries were for to make things look good, so he hesitated a bit, but ate the blueberries. He then smiled because the blueberries tasted very good and tried to reach for more, but Sapphra grabbed his hand without inducing any grip or pain from the grab and then put his hand away from the blueberries and said, "the rest of these is for the pie. If you want a snack, then grab one from the fridge." Chad then grabbed 2 pieces of leftover green fried tomatoes, microwaved them and then ate the tomatoes. He then washed his hands and helped Sapphra cook the pie. while handling the flour, He accidentally got some on his eyes and face and then tried to get the flour out of his eye, but he ended up putting more in there, since some flour was in his hands. then, Sapphra noticed it and then took Chad to the bathroom. He then grabbed a rag and turned on some warm water and put a sink plug in the sink. he then dipped the rag into the water. then, He opened Chad's eye and then rinsed his eye with the rag. after thoroughly rinsing his eye, He did the same with his other eye. then after that, He dried Chad's face with a washcloth and said, "Be careful with the flour!" then, Sapphra went back to the kitchen to boil the blueberries for the pie. Chad then went back to make some dough. Chad kept making the dough until it's perfect for baking. after Sapphra was done with boiling the blueberries, he put the boiled blueberries into the pie and then put some pie straps on top of the pie. then, He put egg yolks in a bowl and then grabbed a brush and used it to cover the pie crust with the egg. Chad then said, "Why do you always put eggs on dough and crust for a dessert?" Sapphra then said, "Because it makes the pie look shiny and more beauty is put into it." Chad said, "Oh!" Sapphra then put the pie in the oven and put the temperature between 175°C and 218 °C. then, He waited until the pie was bubbling, but thick. He then turned off the oven, but left it there until it cooled off, because Chad would be a bit too impatient and then accidentally get burns in his tongue, mouth and throat due to eating it too early. once the pie cooled off, He called Chad to the kitchen and then gave him a slice of pie. Chad ate the pie and then wrote on a paper, "tastes good, 100,000,000,000/10" and then gave Sapphra the paper. Sapphra read the paper and then smiled a bit. Then, Sapphra thought, "Maybe if I were to plant more fruit, I will be able to bake more desserts, since people like it when I cook dessert, Especially in School and the people in here." then, Sapphra put the pie in the fridge and waited for tomorrow to prepare food for a baking contest. tomorrow, He was prepared for a baking contest. He put the pies in the heater once he was done preparing his stand. Then, the people tried all of the desserts until they went to Sapphra's stand. Then he said in a nice, expressive voice, "Are you interested in my freshly baked pies?" A lady with her husband ordered a pie to share with and then they paid him some money. the customers piled up in his stand until it ran out. the pie had the most votes on which dessert should win and then, He got a platinum trophy for having a delicious dessert and proudly took it home.