Chapter 7: Sprained

Chad woke up and did his usual routine, wake up, Shower, put some clothes on and then went downstairs. Maina was making some chai bowls, since it was healthy and also convenient. As Chad was going downstairs, Maina said, "good morning, how was your sleep?" Chad responded, "eh, didn't get a dream this time, but it was good." Chad walked to the bathroom to wash his hands and then went to the kitchen. he sat down on a chair and then Maina handed him a chai bowl and some ear muffs to isolate the loud sounds of the blender. Chad said, "thank you." and then put the earmuffs on. he ate the chai bowl and then went to pack his bag. he packed his bag and went to a recreation center. he was extremely hyper to finally have a break from schoolwork. he wanted to dance a lot because it was his favorite hobby to do in his freetime. but lucky enough for him, there was a stage he could dance on for some hours. he danced until a couple of people, including his friends was asking to join him. of course, he said yes and then they were dancing until one was asking to get him to do a dance audition that She/He was coming up with. she/he said, "Wanna do an audition?" Chad said, "sure, why not?" They started an audition until they was ready to do the final product. The audition was doing great until it was Chad's turn. he walked up to the edge of the stage and danced. When Sapphra noticed someone falling, Sapphra tried to notify Chad with hand symbols that someone is about to fall on him, but Chad was too busy dancing, and then that person fell on Chad. Chad fell off the stage and then some of the audience that wasn't near the stage chuckled and laughed a bit. Chad cried in pain and ran away in embarrassment, but kept limping and falling due to his leg being badly sprained on top of the bruise on his leg being very painful. one of the girls  and some of the boys tried running up to him through the grassy field during the crimson sunset, but he kept running faster to avoid being humiliated by people, but little did he know that  they wasn't trying to do that. one of them chasing Chad was saying, "come back!"one girl named Emmi said, "just, come back here. it's not worth it in the long run!" Eventually, Chad was exhausted and then Emmi ran up to him, then she said, "Please, Don't run from us again, We just wanted to see if you're okay."

Chad had an ashamed look on his face, then turned his head around and then she rubbed his back and said "don't be ashamed, it's okay

Chad had an ashamed look on his face, then turned his head around and then she rubbed his back and said "don't be ashamed, it's okay." then, she helped Chad go to the Recreation Center Medical Infirmary so he could wait until Maina gets here while getting help, since the other people who didn't chase Chad around notified about the incident and the staff called home. once Chad was back, which wasn't a mile, he was sent to the infirmary in the recreation center and then he was given first aid care. a few minutes later, Maina went to the recreation center and then the staff led her to the Infirmary. Maina said to the staff, "Is he overall okay?" the staff said, "yes, but only one problem. Maina said, what type of problem?" The staff said, "His left leg is badly sprained and if he has School tommorow, he won't be able to attend School for a few days." Maina understood and then pick Chad up and then took him to her car. She put him at the back seat and then drove off. once they were home,  Maina picked Chad up from the car and then opened the door to her house. She placed Chad on the couch, grabbed a pillow, then lifted his injured leg and placed it on the pillow. She bandaged around the injury and then wrapped the ice pack with a towel. she then put it back on his leg for 20 minutes and repeated the process every 2 hours. during those hours, She put a heat compressor on his forehead and then she went upstairs, grabbed a blanket and then placed the blanket on his body. Maina comforted Chad and gave Chad his plushie so he won't feel so down. after that, she said, "rest." and kissed his bandaged cheek. then, she walked away. Sapphra came to Chad and and gave him a hug. then, He also comforted Chad for a bit. Chad rested and eventually slept. Maina woke him up a few hours later and gave him some soup. Chad said, "thank you." and then ate the soup. after Chad was done, Maina grabbed the spoon and bowl and put the dishes in the sink. then She grabbed the ice pack from the freezer and then wrapped it in a towel again, then, she put it back on Chad for 30 minutes. during those 20 minutes, Maina said to Chad, "you know, Why did you run away from there?" Chad said, "because I was humiliated and I didn't want to be seen." Maina said, "I know falling could be humiliating, but it happens to all of us, so does that make it less humiliating? Chad said, "no." Maina said, "you'll get used to it, and if you don't, then i'll try to give you help. now i'll go to my room, see you in 19 more minutes" Maina walked away, then went upstairs to her room. Chad rested and slept for that day.