Chapter 21: Masquerade

Once it was night, Chad said, "Do we really have to go? I just got out of the bandage things and those stick looking things, whatever you call them." Maina said, "They're called a cast and clutches and yes, we have to go because my grandmother would absolutely lecture me and all of the people in here, including you about not coming. It is not my fault that my grandmother is a talkative maniac and I am not the one planning this. I am utterly sorry that I have to put you through this!" Chad then dressed up for the event and then, while Gilda was in her room, She said, "Why do I have to wear this displeasing, grotesque dress to the Masquerade?!" then, She said, "I don't want to wear such an embarrassing piece of cloth!" then, Gilda stomped on the flower crown and said, "And this lower bun is too bland!" and took the bun off. When she was done, She went downstairs to the living room and Maina said, "Are you sure? My grandmother would absolutely scold you for having your hair down!" Gilda then said, "I don't care about your saggy tits having grandmother!" Maina said, "You're lucky that I don't like her to the point I'd throw her down the stairs, otherwise you'd be in your room." Gilda then got a bit mad that she couldn't get Maina to get mad at her for disrespecting her grandmother, but at that point, it wouldn't work because Maina already disliked her grandmother. after about an hour and all of the people in the Manor, including the children got dressed and were ready. Maina took them to a limo and then they drove for 2 hours until they're at the Masquerade. once they arrived, Maina's grandmother attempted to hug Maina, but she slowly used her hand to distance herself and said, "Remember, I'm only coming here because you would lecture me and yell at all of my children all day about deciding not to come." then, she moved her grandmother out of the way and went inside. after a few hours, Maina's grandmother said, "why does the pink haired cat looks so weird and looks so fat while the tall person with locks looks better?" Maina's mother said, "Can't you just stop comparing her children? leave them alone for once and stop being a nuisance!" Then Maina's grandmother replied, "But they're not her children." Maina's mother then said, "So you consider someone not to be her child just because they're adopted?!" Maina's grandmother then replied, "She's not their biological mother, so they're not her kids." Maina's mother then said, "That's pretty stupid of you to believe." Maina's grandmother then said, "Off topic, but why one of your 'sons' have three horns? He looks like A demon!" Maina then said in anger, "That's enough of talking about my children!" then She raised her voice and said, "If you talk about any of my children, I swear to go-" The, Maina's grandmother cut her off and said, "If you're so Wrathful, then so be it!" Maina then said in rage, "Dont-" then, She was cut off by her grandmother and she raised said, "Why isn't the pink haired girl elegant enough and why is the pink haired son so dumb and lou-" Maina then cut her off with a punch in the mouth so she could shut up and then her Grandmother said when She got up, "What the hell is wrong with you?! Maina then said in utter wrath, "I told you not to talk about my children! are you stupid or are you just crazy?!" Maina's grandmother then said, "It's not my problem that your 'children' is so improper and not by my beauty standards!" Maina then said, "What do you want me to do?! get my children plastic surgery and yell at them for behaviours they can't control on their own?! I ALREADY TOLD YOU THAT SOME OF MY CHILDREN HAVE DISORDERS!" Maina's grandmother then grabbed Chad by the back of his collar, repeatedly hit him with a paddle and said, "Then hit them until THEY GET THEIR PERSONALITY RIGHT! I DOUBT YOU WASN'T EVEN WHOOPING THEM HARD ENOUGH!" Maina then yelled, "I'M NOT ABOUT TO HIT MY CHILDREN WITH A PADDLE OR EVEN A BELT AND ABUSE THEM UNTIL THEY'RE BRUISED UNLIKE YOU!" Then her grandmother yelled, "IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT YOU LIKE TO BE SUCH A DELINQUENT AND DISOBEY MY RULES OF PARENTING!" Maina's mother then said, "I'll correct that for you, your rules of pure abuse!" Maina's mother walked away. then, Maina took Chad outside of the Masquerade and said to Chad frantically, "Are you okay?!" Then, she looked at his forehead and belly because that was where he got hit 8 times. Maina then said, "oh no..." Then, she took him to the limo and then got her other children to leave. She stopped at a nearby medical store and bought some ice packs. Then, She bought some towels and compression bandages and then went back to the limo. She then put the towel on the ice pack and put it on his forehead. Then, she wrapped another ice pack in a towel, lifted his shirt up a bit and then put the ice pack on his belly. Then, She caressed his cheek and said, "Shh! It's going to be okay now, don't you cry! Maina comforted Chad and then about 15 minutes later, she wrapped a compression bandage on his forehead and belly. Then, she comforted Chad for the whole ride. After that, She went in the Manor and then took him upstairs to his room. She then placed Chad on the bed and then said, "now, rest. I don't want your bruises to get worse." Maina then kissed Chad on the cheek and then took Rex from the stuffed animal box and put Rex next to Chad.