Mermaid Au P1

This is a short au oneshot for you readers while the next chapter is in production.

In this au, Muichiro is a young merman that is curious about the surface. His brother, Yuichiro, forbids him from going because of what happened to their parents. Y/n is thr only heir to the Uzui crown. She trains in combat, etiquette, and ruling. The two meet on one night and began a chat.

I hope you guys like it.
------------------------------------------------------------

"The merfolk were spotted again!"

"When will the war begin?!"

"I don't really see what the big deal is."

"Their coming for us! I just know it!"

"My grandmother came face to face with one and lost an eye!"

The town in the kingdom began to panic as the merfolk were spotted near the shore.

"The town is in such a panic." Y/n mumbled as she fixed her hood covering her head.

Y/n wondered through the town, seeing how the people lived their lives and what they did on this special day.
The annual festival to celebrate the Snake lords becoming. Though some still in a fuse about the merfolk, the environment of the festivites overpowered them.

While y/n was about to head to the main square, she was pulled into a nearby dark alley.

On reflex, she roundhouse kicked the napper in the side. The napper got up quick and slammed y/n into the brick wall.

"Hey-" the napper covered y/n's mouth with their gloved hand.

"I leave you alone for 15 minutes and you sneak out?" A familiar voice spoke.

"Huh? Mamma?!"

The cloaked napper took off their hood and mask to reveal a woman with yellow bangs.

"You do this everytime there's an event. I get that parties are exiting and it's fun to watch people to stupid shit, but do you know how much danger you will be in if you got seen. And your outfit choices don't really help with that." Makio scolded.

Y/n wanted to argue, but all she could get out was, "I'm sorry."

Makio sighed and patted the girls head.

"Why do you always sneak out? If you wanted to go to this festival, then you could've just asked. I'm sure your father would have love to take you." Makio questioned.

"I-I don't know. I thought you would've said no." Y/n admited.

Makio chuckled.

"Don't tell the others, but I think we can sneak one performance in." Makio winked.

Y/n lit up with joy and took Makio's hand and lead them to a crowed near a stage.

"Now ladies and gents, and gentlepeople. The first performance is one that leaves one in awe and cheers." The man in a suit announced.
"Though be warned: if given a glance at the two cobras, you will get lost in their trance. Now, prepare your eyes for the hipnotizing sorella's!"

A puff of smoke appeared from where the announcer was and two dancers appeared.

Their flowly green outfits swayed as they moved to the drums and flute. Y/n didn't take her eyes off the preformers.

She started to get closer, but was pulled away by Makio who started to run.

"Mamma?! Slow down!" Makio stopped and y/n swatted her hand away.