part 1/ the beginning

The doorbell downstairs rang. When I noticed that no one was going to get it, with a roll of my eyes, I slithered out of bed and made for the door.

I wasn't expecting anyone. I didn't know if Pau was even at home or if he was at training. The talent bro possessed was illegal.

Reluctantly I opened the door, internally hoping it wasn't the paps like last week when they followed me home. I was met with three pairs of familiar eyes: Lamine Yamal, Marc Guiu & Hector Fort.

(a/n: please pretend they're speaking spanish as this would only make sense, but i don't wanna butcher the language and keep on going on google translate 🫣)

"Oh hey guys, I wasn't expecting you," I said.

"Adellaaaaa! You okay?" exclaimed Lamine enthusiastically.

"Yeah, I'm good," I said as he wrapped me in a side hug whilst walking inside.

"Hi Marc," I beamed at him.

"Hey, cariño," he replied. My relationship with Marc was of a brother and sister dynamic. He was genuinely such a good friend of mine. There had never been anything between us and never would be as honestly that would just be weird, considering how much of a close friendship we have. Although I must admit the guy is something, he's not really my type.

And then there was Hector.

"Hector."

"Adella."

Not another word was exchanged between us. He simply walked in after the others and I half shut half slammed the door, feeling my anger already rising at this man's presence.

He just infuriated every single nerve in my body. We used to be fine, in fact I would go as far as saying we had a good friendship. Up until a year ago, when he suddenly went all cold. I didn't do anything. He just switched up like I'd killed his puppy.

No explanation, no nothing. He just distanced himself from me, our long conversations turning into curt greetings at doors. At least he had that much decency, I rolled my eyes.

Long story short, he's a dickhead for his behaviour. And now I can't stand the sight of him. Quite literally. Because the motherfucker is so gorgeous I get swept off my feet and can no longer stand. But that's beside the point because he's annoying.

I retreated to my room so I wouldn't have to look at his smack-able face.

~~~

Waking up covered in a cold sweat and stinging eyes was a somewhat regular occurrence, ever since what happened with our mum.

Getting up and going into my bathroom, I wiped at my tear-stained face. I needed some water.

I creeped downstairs into our kitchen. Thankfulness flooded me when I saw my brother, Pau Cubarsi, standing already in the kitchen, his back towards me. He was wearing his normal pj top and his hair was a bit more of a mess than usual but I ignored it.

His shadow was the only thing I could make out in the darkness of the kitchen. My arms enveloped him in a hug, and he held me like many times before, when I came to him after a nightmare about our mum. My face burrowed in his chest whilst he gently stroked my hair.

"You comfortable there, Adella?"

I startled back at the voice.

The limited moon light allowed for me to make out the hard masculine features of Hector's face. What the actual fuck was he doing in my kitchen at 2am. This guy had lost the plot.

A smirk appeared on his face which I wanted to slap off.

"Oh fuck off," I hissed at him whilst already turning away and out of the kitchen, "I thought you were Pau, you idiot."

"Sure, sure," he said smugly.

Oh how he raised my anger. I turned back towards him quickly, pointing my finger into his chest, our faces barely inches away.

"I. Didn't. See. It. Was. You." Every word was punctuated with a stab of my finger into his chest.

"If that's what you want to believe, keep lying to yourself, sweetheart."

The nerve this guy had. I narrowed my eyes at him and left the kitchen.