part 5/ team dinners

As the season moved along and as we scored more and more goals, our position in the table moved higher and higher.

After a particularly good game against Real Betis, which ended in our 5-0 victory, Xavi and the other members of the management had organised a team dinner as a celebration. Naturally, family members of the players were invited to this evening.

I got ready to the nines. Lovely dress, my curly hair in a carefully pinned up, naturally messy bun and a dark smokey eye look. I applied my coconut & vanilla perfume and rushed out the door to my car, to pick up my plus one, Lorenzo.

He was already waiting outside for me. He stood tall, dark hair slicked back, and wearing a very nice white shirt and black formal trousers.

I feel like I owe some explanations. Number one, Lorenzo's car was currently at the mechanics so the possibility of me being my normal passenger princess self was not existent. Number two, although me and Lorenzo were strictly sex and no feelings, we did hang out occasionally. And anyway it would have been a bit boring to not bring anyone with me to this dinner so, here he was next to me.

We arrived at the beautiful restaurant in the city centre. As we stepped through the threshold of the door, I felt Lorenzo's hand make his way to my lower back. I didn't mind it. It gave people something to talk about.

The layout of the place consisted of a large area with multiple round tables where everyone sat. We made our way over to our designated seats, at a table where Lamine, Pau, Marc, Fermin, Gavi, Pedri and Hector all sat.

Lamine, sat to my right, said to me, "Nice dress, Della," he smiled, "If you're going for that homeless look.

I smacked him lightly around the back of his head.

Talking and laughter started to fill the space. Lorenzo, who sat on my left, leaned in to whisper something into my ear, and placed his hand on my thigh under the table. I snickered at his silly comment and the pair of us starting laughing together. My laughter subdued a little, when I felt a pair of eyes directly opposite me, burning a hole into my head. Those intense brown eyes of Hector's made direct eye contact with me. I didn't look away. I wanted him to know that I didn't care one single bit about him anymore. That I've moved on from our friendship and whatever else. So, I smirked in his direction just as I leaned into Lorenzo's side and whispered something that could evoke an equal reaction to the prominent laughter he got out of me.

"Come meet me in the bathroom in about 5 minutes," I whispered, "and don't make it too obvious." Lorenzo caught on to what I was indicating immediately. I pushed my chair out and making my way out of the room, I turned around not to take a last glance at Lorenzo, who was now engaged in a conversation with Gavi, but to send an innocent smile at Hector, who was staring at me in disbelief with his jaw set tightly.