part 16/ catch flights, and feelings

Adella's POV:

My best friends, Lucia and Dayana, and I sat at a table of one of our favourite local restaurants in the heart of Barcelona. We sipped on wine and indulged in one of the best paellas in the city.

"Ladies, pack your bags. Because we're going to Italy," I squealed, a bit tipsy.

"Cheers to that!" Dayana raised her glass and we all clinked them together.

"Will we see that eye candy of yours on said Italy trip?" Lucia wondered mischievously.

"Oooo yes," I wasn't thinking straight, the wine hitting me now.

"You have it badddd, Dels," Dayana commented.

"Can you blame me?" I said dreamily as I propped my head up, putting my palms under my chin and dazed off into the distance.

My best friends laughed heartily.

~

I loved a getaway holiday. I hated packing.

My room was a mess, clothes flung on the floor, bed, on every available surface. And yet, my suitcase still stood empty. I left the clothes and went to pack my toiletries...

After a few hours of intense packing and outfit planning, the suitcase was zipped up and propped up next to the door. "Finally," I huffed.

Fort

Fort
hope you're all packed
cant wait to see you x

Adella 😻
yep took a few hours but managed it
aw
that's cute 😃

Fort
'that's cute'
right
well, cute and true

Adella 😻
would you rather have me say
can't wait to see u too
i miss you
i want you
i need you
oh baby
oh baby

Fort
yes

Adella 😻
in all seriousness
i cant wait to see you too

Adella 😻
baby
🫢😯😛

Fort
i'll see you at the airport then
baby

Adella 😻
i'll see you there 😗😗😗😗

~
I tugged my suitcase to the boot of my car, stacking it up on top of Pau's suitcase. I was driving us to the airport and then I was catching the same plane as the Barcelona team to Naples, Italy. (Being a family member of a player definitely had its privileges.) Pau already sat in the passenger seat, lining up his queue of songs for the 30 minute drive.

We arrived and made our way through the airport. We saw a sea of Barcelona players in their black suits, the exact same as Pau was wearing, and knew we were in the right place. The team had quite the fitting outfit - ready for Napoli's funeral in the match.

My eyes scanned the crowd automatically, almost out of habit, looking for the dark brown locks of a certain someone. I located him with ease, my eyes drawn to him, drawn to his presence.

Everyone was already walking through the gates and outside to the airplane so there was no time for a chit chat with anybody.

I checked my seat number as I climbed the stairs up into the airplane. 12E.