part 14/ keeping up the act, by the poolside

Adella's POV:

Suns out, bums out. That's how the saying goes, right? It was a gorgeous day, sun shining and not a single cloud in the sky. The blueness of it was picturesque.

I was laying out in our garden, enjoying a book, "me before you" by moyes, which was pulling at my heart strings. I was sat on my favourite cushioned wicker chair, feet propped up on the table to get that tan. I had a pretty little turquoise bikini on, that showed quite a lot of me if i'm being honest, but I was home alone so no one would see my goods. plus, i did want to make the most use of this weather.

I sipped on my iced latte gaining a bit of energy, to fight against the low energy levels that seeped out of me due to the intensity of the sun. It was a blissfully quiet day. Just me, my book, my drink, and the occasional dip in the pool when i felt like i was going to overheat.

But I jinxed it. Like a literal bull in a china shop, Pau came running outside, apparently back from today's training, a complete contrast to me. Excitement poured out of him.

"Actually cooked that grandad in training today!" my brother yelled, unable to contain himself.

"Pau, what the fuck," I laughed.

"It's true, absolutely bodied him," he smiled, very proud of himself by the looks of it.

"Not that he's that old, but i'm gonna assume you're on about Lewy?"

"Yurrrrr."

"Right," I went back to my reading.

"Oh yeah the guys are coming over later," Pau said.

"Okay."

Not even a full 60 seconds after Pau made that comment, in came the ruddy, happy faces of Lamine, Fermin, and Hector. Oh, boy. This was going to be interesting.

"Fuck sakes Pau, could you not have let me know more than 60 seconds in advance? I need to change."

Fermin called over catching onto the last bit of my sentence, "No need for that, Dels. You look very pretty and it's not like we've not seen a female body before, we literally live in Barcelona. Plus, you're good, you're literally like our sister," he beamed at me, coming over to steal the sunglasses from the top of my head.

"Soo true sis," added Lamine, he acted like a kid high on sweets half of the time.

I caught Hector's eye. He smiled a knowing smile, one that said I was the furthest thing from a sister there was. But apart from that he didn't speak a word to me, keeping up the cold act so no one would suspect anything.

The guys split into teams, Lamine with Pau, and Fermin with Hector. One attacker, one defender. I wasn't paying much attention to be honest. I was engrossed by my book, shit was good. So please note my utter surprise when the next time I look up to sneak a glance at Hector he's sat down on the grass clutching at his ankle. There was no use trying to hide the concern breaking way on my face.

Lamine, Fermin and Pau crowded him to see if he was okay but he looked far far from it. His face was constrained by pain and he hissed through his teeth when Pau tried to touch his ankle. With their support, Hector hobbled over to where I was sat at the table, and sat down on the chair next to mine.

"I'll be fine," Hector reassured as he ushered the guys to carry on their footballing. They were reluctant but left after the 5th time Hector announced that he would indeed be okay.

As soon as they stepped out of range and their backs were to us, I looked at Hector, emotions clear as day on my face. "Are you okay? What happened? Do you need me to get you anything? Fuck," I cursed the last bit under my breath.