Chapter 31

Marinette's POV:

    I was glad Adrien was out of the hospital.

  True to his word, he took me out for a hamburger. It was the best date ever. 

    I could not believe I had my first date with Adrien Agreste. 

   It was romantic because he held my hand. I could tell he was starting to like me.

   I sighed. I knew he said he wanted to be with me. I was not sure if it was because I was the one who called help for him, or what.

   I recall how he kissed me. It made me feel special.

   Don't be silly, Marinette. It has only been one date.

  One splendid date.

   I smiled.  Adrien said he could not wait to see me again.

   Yes, I should expect him to take me on another date.

    I waved to him as he left and then I closed the door.

  Adrien is different somehow.  I can tell he has gotten some of his memories back.

  I blush when I reflect on how he said he felt the day I kissed his cheek at the picnic while standing on a pie plate. How embarrassing. 

   I went to bed happy.

Yes, I felt things were going to be okay.

  As for Adrien's guardianship, Nathalie would be in charge fully soon. I hear Gabriel was arrested.  Well,  it serves him right to put Adrien on such a strict diet. It is his fault Adrien passed out and lost his memories.  I am sure of it.

   I heard my phone buzz. It was a text from Alya.

   "Girl, how did the date go?"The text read. 

  "It was great!" I texted back.

  "Great, that is all you have to say about it. I want details!" Alya texted me.

   "Alya, he held my hand, we had hamburgers, went for a short walk in the park,  and took me home. There is not much else to tell." I responded with a text.

      "Did he kiss you?" Alya texted with a wink emotion next to it.

     "Yes, on my hand, and the lips, " I texted with a happy face beside it.

     "Girl, that is cute and romantic, he loves you," Alya texted me.

   "I do not know about love, but he did ask me to be his girlfriend. I said yes." I texted her back.

   "Girl, he loves you, but if you can't see it that is your fault," Alya texted.

     "Alya, he did not even notice me before the anesthesia and now he suddenly does." I texted in response.

       "Girl, he noticed you as a friend. Maybe more, but he did not acknowledge it until later," Alya's text read.

         "Say whatever you want, but he couldn't love me. Not yet anyway," I texted and hit the sent button.

           "Denial," Alya texted.

         "Good night, Alya," I texted.

        "Good night, girl," Alya texted.