Chapter 25

Adrien's  POV:

    I saw the same lady with the funny streak in her hair as she entered the room.

    I felt she was familiar in some way.

  Goodness, you think I could recall, how if I met her before, right?

    I  frowned when she mentioned the envelope.

     I heard her say something about a court trial and felt ashamed.

    I was because of me, was not it?

    It was only two days since she last came here to see me.

    "Is she here with you?"

      I  looked up with hope I did not know I had until then.

      I noticed she seemed a bit confused.

     I told her all about the Bluenette beauty. I made sure not to leave out a thing about her.

      I sighed when told me the girl had not come.

      I heard her mention the name Marinette.

      Marinette, why did that name seem familiar to me?

     I heard it before, but where?

    I knew Nino mentioned it.

   I remembered now, Alya dated Nino.  Alya was his girl, and she was best friends with Marinette.

   I  felt my headache for the first time in days.

    What could it all mean?

   Flashback...

   " Hi, I am Marinette."

   " Hi, nice to meet you, Marinette. I am Adrien.  Adrien Agreste."

      I heard her gasp as it dawned on her.

      "You are that famous model that everyone keeps going on about, and Chole calls you her Adrikins."

      "Yes, that is me."

        "I do not date her. I am not allowed to have a girlfriend. I am not exactly sure why."

          "Oh, I see. Well, I am not allowed to  have a boyfriend either."

           After school, I saw it was raining out, so naturally, I loaned Marinette my umbrella.

              I heard my ride as the honk tooted to signal his arrival.  "I gotta go see you tomorrow, Marinette!"

             "Yeah, s-see you t-tomorrow!"

            I heard her stutter but did not think much of it.   We were just friends.

        End of Flashback...

       As my flashback ended, I felt the old memories tumble in about her.

        Marinette, I thought, she and I were great friends.

        I sighed.

     I shook my head. No, I want to be more.

    How?  I had not the slightest idea how to make it happen.   I only dated Kagami for a few months at my father's assistance, and she broke up with me a few weeks ago.  I recalled she moved away not long after we split up.

      I  felt a blush form as it dawned on me how Marinette had come by a lot within these last few weeks.  Recently, she ran off with tears forming in her eyes.   I knew she apologized, but whatever for?

    I never blamed her for anything.  I remember she shared cookies with everyone the first day she came to school.  I knew she was sad when I forgot her.

    Goodness, how did I ever forget her?

      I  felt the wetness as it leaked from my eyes and fell across my cheeks.

      Find out more in Chapter 26

    bye, bye little owlets!

 -Summer out!