-CHAPTER 5-

XAIDEN

Today is already Sunday and I haven't finished reviewing those documents yet. There's still so much to do, but I won't give up. I sip my coffee as I review my plans for the next few weeks. First, I'll need to fire more than half of the employees, hire new ones, change some policies, launch a new product, and fix some other things.

By the time I'm done, it's almost noon, and I feel tired but I still have some things to do today. When I was in Spain, Felix told me that a few years after I was born, Mom bought a private land, and no one knew about it. Not even William. I'm curious to see what she did with thay land, and knowing her personality, I know she must've used it for something important.

I change into a simple T-shirt and some jeans. I grab my keys, and phone before leaving the penthouse. I type the address in the GPS, and drive to my location.

Driving around town, a wave of nostalgia hits me. When I was small, I wasn't really allowed to go out, just on rare occasions, and it was always fun. But now, I can see that this city has changed over the years.

Few minutes later, I arrive in front of a large building, and park my car beside the gray car on the side of the road. Curiosly, my eyes examine the building. There's a huge garden on the front with a sign to the left. The sign says "CHS" then at the bottom, it's written "Children's hearts and Sanctuary". An orphanage. My mother built an orphanage. That sounds exactly like something she would do.

I walk towards the orphanage, and through the door. Gazing around, it's first time I see an orphanage this big, and spacious. The lobby is clean with some liviely green plants by the corners. There's a huge painting by the wall but it's the artist's initials that takes my attention. A.K. That's Mom's initials. Amanda Kane.

Walking further in, I stop by a large living room, and look around curiously. This place is so luxurious that it could be mistaken as a villa instead of an orphanage. Mom must've wanted the kids here to recieve royal treatment.

There's a large L shaped couch in the middle of the living room with a rectangle shaped wooden table in front of it, a large TV on the wall and a carpet on the floor. There's another couch by the window and a shelve full of books near it. A good spot to read, indeed.

There's vase of flowers on the table and picture frames on tbe walls. This place is amazing. Closely looking at the pictures, there's a picture of Mom when the orphanage first opened. On another, it shows the picture of a woman hugging my mother while wearing a graduation attire and she had a suitcase with her. It seems she was leaving the orphanage to start a new life.

"Why did you stop?" I hear a voice ask, and turn towards the sound of the voice. On the stairs, there's the woman I met yesterday, and behind her is another woman who seems to be in her mid forties.

"Who are you?" The woman asks, descending the stairs. The other woman followed behind her.

The woman in her mid forties walks closer to me, taking a better look at my face.

"Good morning, I'm Xaiden," I introduce myself. Suddenly, tears slide down her eyes.

"It's you. You're finally here," she cries. The other woman grabs her, and make her sit on the couch. She hands her a tissue, and calmly rubs her back while I just feel confused by her statement. What does she mean by "you're finally here". Was she waiting for me or something? And I don't even know her so how does she know me?

"Are you okay, Adrienne?" The woman asks the older lady.

Adrienne removes her glasses, and wipes her tears before saying, "Yeah, I'm fine. I just got emotional when I saw you. You look so much like your mother."