-CHAPTER 14-

VALERIA

"That's a great idea," Mr. Xaiden says thoughtfully after I finish explaining my plan.

"I will investigate more about the disappearance of that woman, and find out who she is," Mr. Dominic types something in the computer. He must be doing some research.

Mr. Xaiden looks more into the files, "I will send an anonymous message to Alexa McGregor."

"What should I do?" I ask, wanting to participate in something.

"There's nothing else we can do right now apart from waiting until Dominic finishes his investigation. When we'll know more about the missing woman, we'll know what to do next," Mr. Xaiden answers, and I nod in disappointment. I thought I would be able to do more, but I guess there's nothing I can do.

"I find it!" Mr. Dominic yells suddenly, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"The name of the woman who disappeared 3 weeks ago is Alison Dean," He says, and Mr. Xaiden, and I sit closer to him to look at the computer. It shows the picture of a woman with dark brown curly hair, a small button nose, bright pink lips, and light green eyes. She's so young, and seems to be or had been in the same university as Sylvera guessing from the logo on her sweatshirt.

"She's one of McGregor's most recent mistress, but three weeks ago, she disappeared leaving no trace behind, not even a single message. Her family reported her missing a week after her disappearance, and now two weeks later, there's still no trace of her," Mr. Dominic reads out what is written on the computer.

Mr. Xaiden asks, "Do you think you can find the place she was last seen?"

Mr. Dominic types on the computer for a moment, and seconds later, he pulls up a video from the street she was last seen in. I'm amazed by the quality of his work. I never thought he was this good at hacking.

"Here it is," he clicks on the play button.

In the video, Alison was walking down the street carrying some shopping bags, and she was on a phone call when a black van stopped beside her. She ignored it, and continued walking, but some people dressed in black came out of the van, and hit her on the back of the neck, knocking her out cold. They carried her in the van, and left.

"Press on pause, and note the number on the license plate. I want you to trace the location of that car, maybe we'll be able to find where Alison is," Mr. Xaiden orders, and Mr. Dominic follows immediately.

He notes down the numbers on the license plate, and begins typing on the computer again while I watch him silently. His fingers move across the keyboard really fast suggesting that he must have been doing this for years to be this experienced.

He stops typing, "I found the location of the car, but the place is concealed on the map."

Mr. Xaiden takes out his phone, "I will send the location to Peter, and ask him to investigate that place."

After that, we decide to call it a night, and just wait for the result of the investigation that will come out tomorrow.

In my room, I lay on the bed, and try my best to sleep without the pills. I don't want to rely on them too much. I twist, and turn in my bed, but I still don't feel sleepy. I leave the bed, and go in the kitchen to warm myself some milk. Maybe that will help me sleep.

I open the fridge, and grab the bottle of milk. Opening it, I pour it in a mug, and warm the milk in the microwave. After heating the milk, I take out the mug from the microwave, and take a seat on the balcony outside. It's a bit chilly outside so I cover myself with a light blanket as I sip my milk.