-CHAPTER 13-

VALERIA

Today is the first of school for the twins, and let's just say that this morning is a little hectic. I wake the twins at 6 a.m. to get them ready for school, and iron their school uniform while they're taking a shower. Their uniform consists of a maroon pleated skirt that falls just above their knees, and a white button-down shirt.

Sylvera helps them wear their shoes while I head to the kitchen to make their breakfast. I move swiftly around kitchen to make some eggs, toast, and milk.

"What is going on here?" A voice startles me, and I shriek in surprise. Turning around, I see Mr. Xaiden.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you," he apologizes.

"It's fine. I'm just making breakfast for the twins, it's their first day of school today," I go back to my work.

"Do you want some help with that?" He pulls up his sleeves.

I'm momentarily dazed by the sight of his muscular arms, but I stop myself from watching longer, and get back to what's important which is packing the twins' lunch. It's not the moment to get distracted by a hot man. Mr. Xaiden helps me by slicing the apples while I fill their water bottles.

While the twins eat their breakfast, I go back to my room to get ready. I brush my teeth, take a shower, and dress up in a pair of comfortable dark wash skinny jeans, a white graphic T-shirt with an oversized orange sweater layered over it, and I finish the look with a pair of sturdy, brown hiking boots.

For makeup, I only put on mascara, a bit of blush, and some lipgloss. I spray a bit of perfume, grab my bag, and I'm ready to go.

"Girls! Where are your bagpacks?" I ask once I come down the stairs.

"I don't know," Mira answers then turns to Maïra, "Do you know where they are?"

I look at Maïra expectantly, and she shrugs making me sigh. Why does it have to happen now? I go back upstairs, and into their room. Rummaging through the closet, I find their bagpacks, and start packing their school furniture, and other things they would need for school.

I hand them their bags, and grab my keys. Just as we're about to go, I'm stopped by Mr. Xaiden.

"Before you go, take this," he hands me a cup of my favorite cinnamon latte, and it warms my heart.

"Thank you," I take a sip of it, and smile in content.

"Are you leaving already?" Sylvera asks.

"Yeah, why?" I reply, still drinking my cinnamon latte.

"I was hoping you'd drop me at my university at 12 today," she says.

"I will be at work by that time."

"I can drive you there if you want?" Mr. Dominic suggests, and Sylvera nods, thanking him.

Looking at my watch, I see that it's already 7:15. The twins needs to be at school by 7:30.

"Let's go, Girls. I'm sure you don't want to be late on your first day back to school," I place the mug in the sink, and we leave, but not before giving a hug to Sylvera.

Making sure that they have their seatbelts on, I start the engine, and we're off to go. On the way to school, a black car follow us closely behind, and I know that it's the bodyguards that Mr. Xaiden assigned to protect the twins in school. They're not allowed to go into the school so they'll stay in the perimeters just in case of any danger.

For the past month and a half, we have been training a lot, and I can say that I'm stronger compared to before. Mr. Xaiden taught me a lot about combat, using weapons, and self defense. The first few days of training were horrible, but I got used to it, and continued improving myself. I won't say that I'm at expert in fighting, but I can at least hold my ground against a couple of people.