-CHAPTER 12-

XAIDEN

After wishing Goodnight to Miss Valeria, I head upstairs, and go to my room. I sigh as I close the door, and I go to the bathroom to wash my hands. I want to get that idiot's blood off my hands.

In the bathroom, I squeeze some hand soap on my hand, and rub my hands until my skin turns red. I hate killing, but when it's necessary, then I will do it with no regret.

Earlier when Damon told me that Miss Valeria was in danger, I didn't think twice before jumping off my bed, and taking my men to Miss Valeria's apartment. The moment I saw Rivera in her apartment, my blood boiled like no other, and I shot him without thinking about anything. I didn't care if Miss Valeria was witnessing it; all I wanted was for him to be gone, but the aftermath of killing someone is horrible.

I remember the first time I killed someone, I had nightmares for weeks after doing it.

It had been a few weeks since Felix was dead, and my mood was getting worse by the passing seconds. People at school were annoying; the noise, and the chatter was irritating me, and everything was making me mad.

I walked down the hallways, and people were avoiding me like the plague, but I didn't care. My anger was justified, so I didn't care if people were scared of me, or thought that I was a monster. All I wanted was for people to get out of my way, and leave me alone.

Entering my math class, I didn't bother to greet the teacher, I just went straight to my seat.

"Good morning, Xaiden," the teacher said, but I ignored her. It seemed she didn't get that I wasn't in the mood to talk.

"Xaiden, be respectful to your teacher," she yelled, and everyone turned to me.

"And I don't care about you or this stupid class!" I yelled back, my eyes glaring at her.

"Go to the principal's office now," she said in a strict tone, and I carried my bag, and left, slamming the door behind me.

I left the school, and decided to go to home. Well, if I could even consider it a home because Felix was my home after my mother died, but now, it was just a cold apartment inhabited by me.

I was walking down the street when I suddenly got shoved in an alley, and some men started beating me up. A wave of anger surged through me, and I started angrily punching the men. One by one, they all got knocked out by me, then one of the men shot me on the shoulder.

I groaned in pain as my shoulder started bleeding. I looked at the man, and just when he was about it shoot again, I grabbed his wrist, and twisted it. He screamed, and I snatched the gun from his hand.

"Game over," I shot him right in the heart, and I gasped  for breath as the pain came back at full force.

It took me a moment before realizing what I had just done. I killed someone.

With my own hands.

I threw the gun away, and immediately left the place, with blood trailing down my shoulder.

That day was one of the worst day in my life, and I don't think I ever recovered from it, but I got fine eventually.

In the morning, I'm up at 7:30 a.m., and when I go downstairs, I find Miss Valeria reading a book while laying on the couch. She doesn't notice me, and is deeply concentrated on her book. Staring at her, I notice every detail about her face; dark circles under eyes, but her ocean blue eyes sparkles as they pass through each line of the page, her fair skin untouched by time, and flawless. Her hair is tucked behind her ears as she flips the page of the book. She looks so beautiful.