- CHAPTER 8-

XAIDEN

Right now, I feel utterly stupid, and dumb. I should have predicted this, but here I am, in deeper problems. Miss Valeria is currently resting in the guest room, and the twins are sleeping with her, probably exhausted from everything that happened.

Guilt knocks at my heart again. This is my fault, once again. I may not be the one that hurt Miss Valeria, but I'm the cause of this. The man that attacked her earlier is a man sent by William. Since his plan failed, he must have wanted to erase the evidence of his crime, and since there are witnesses, he wanted to silence them to death, including Ms. Valeria. The orphanage is in danger.

I run a hand through my hair in frustration. I need to protect them, I can't let my Mom's work, and people be destroyed like that.

I take out my phone, and call Adrienne. It doesn't take long before she answers the call.

"Hello, Xaiden! How are you?" I hear her chirpy voice, and it warms my heart. I may not have known her for long time, but I already care for her a lot.

"Adrienne, I need you to do something for me, and it's a matter of life or death," I say bluntly. There's no time to waste. Their lives are in my hands, and if something happens to them, I would regret it for the rest of my life.

"What is it?" Her chirpy mood is gone the moment she hears the seriousness in my voice.

"I want you to go to the orphanage, and start packing everything. I want everyone to pack their things, and be ready to leave the orphanage in an hour," I instruct.

"Why? Is something wrong?" She asks, worried.

"I can't explain everything right now, but your life, and the lives of everyone in the orphanage are in danger.
I want you all to leave now," I reply in an urgent tone. I know how William is, he doesn't waste time to destroy anything that could potentially ruin his perfect reputation.

"I will trust you, and will do as you say," She hangs up after saying this.

I immediately call my men to prepare the cars. I want them gone from that place in an hour.

"What happened?" Dominic asks.

"I messed up bad. Remember the incident I told you about?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Their lives are in danger. The woman I brought is the one that saved my life that day, and she got attacked today by a man sent by William," I answer as I run my hand through my hair once again. I feel mad, and angry. I haven't even started my plan to take him down, but I already messed up this bad.

"Is that why she was injured?"

"Yes! She almost died again, because of me." I clench my fist. The last thing I ever wanted was someone innocent to be involved into all this. William is a dangerous man, but may be I have underestimated how dangerous he can be.

"It's not your fault. You, and I know that it's William's fault. You didn't point the gun at her, and shoot her. You didn't sent that man to attack her, and her sisters. You did none of it, so do not blame yourself for this," Dominic pats my shoulder, and I nod.

"Thanks, man!" I feel really thankful to have him in my life. I think at some point in my life, I would be lost without his support.

"So what are you going to do now?" He asks. I already know what to do.

"I will relocate Adrienne, and everyone else in a safe location. That's my first priority right now," I tell him.

"I'll call Damon, and ask him about the situation there." He leaves to make the call.