-CHAPTER 19-

VALERIA

As I'm serving a drink to one of the guests, the loud ballroom that is filled with chatter, and music suddenly turns quiet when a loud voice echoes from the speaker that I hid behind the curtain in the far corner of the room.

"I will never come back to you, don't you have any remorse?" Alison's voice resonates in the room, and the guests look around in confusion, wondering where such a loud voice is coming from.

The man's voice which I recognize as Mr. McGregor's replies, "Why would I have any remorse? The only thing I regret is not closing your cage properly."

I scrunch my nose in disgust before reminding myself to smile as a caterer should do. Caterers need to be approachable, and friendly to everyone.

The conversation goes on, and people are getting more confused. The women in the room get angry when he says that women should only be used for either pleasure or money. My heart silently burns in rage, and my hand carrying the tray of drinks trembles as I try my best not to let it fall. I hate when people have this kind of mentality because it makes women seem like toys instead of human beings.

"Who does that man think he is?" A woman says, her face, red with anger.

Another woman answers, "If I see that man, he will receive a hot slap from me."

Tension rises in the room as the happy, and festive mood gradually fades away. People are still confused as to what is going on, but they're mostly angry, and shocked. The frown on the women's faces are quite amusing, but I understand their furry. There's no one in this world that would like to only be used for the benefit of someone else. The men are shocked, and those who actually have good morals are equally angry. The husbands are trying to soothe their furious wives, and the kids are playing between themselves while being totally ignorant of the whole situation. Those who are actually aware of the circumstances just don't care, and focus on their games.

"I will never come back to you. I won't let you use me or those innocent women anymore. I will destroy your illegal business so that no women get sold again."

Mr. McGregor's laugh rumbles in the room, "Do you really think that you can do this? I've been in this business for years, and it will take more than just the words of a small girl for it to go down."

I sigh when he finally admits his dirty deed. Everyone has heard it, and there's no way for him to rebuke it or defend himself. Even if he tries, he won't be able to because no one will believe him.

Seconds later, the door of the ballroom opens, and Alison enters followed by Mr. Xaiden, and Mr. McGregor. Mr. McGregor notices the silence, and looks around in confusion.

"What's going on? Why did the music stop, and why is everyone looking at me?" He asks as the guests keep giving him hateful glares.

"Alexa," He calls out to his wife, and she comes in front of him, her eyes shining with hatred, and pain. "What's going on?" he breaks down in cold sweat, nervously awaiting her answer.

"I'm divorcing you."

He freezes in his spot, and the guests hold their breath in shock at her sudden announcement. It's normal that they're shocked. This party is supposed to celebrate their wedding anniversary, and instead of dancing, and drinking happily, the main couple are divorcing.

"W-what do you mean? What did I do?" He stammers, holding her hand, but Alexa pulls her hand away.

"Do you really think that I can play 'the happy wife' after hearing everything you've done?!" She yells, losing complete control of her emotions.