'All I Could Ever Want'{⭐}

Author's Note**     Time/Prof. Red Floof, Requested by a fren (= also 30th short story! Yay!

3190 words

...

"Dinner?"

"Yeah. Can't tell you where, though."

"Okay," Time smiled. "Sure. Five?"

"Maybe seven? Like a late dinner, so there'll be less Steves there..."

"M'kay"

"Meet me on the corner of Main and Sussex, we can walk from there."

"How should I dress, though?"

"Uh," Professor Red thought for a moment, twisting the curling phone wire in his hand "Kinda fancy? Okay, maybe just fancy... dress nice, I suppose?"

"M'kay" He could hear Time thinking over the phone "M'kay, see you there, love"

Professor Red sighed as he hung up the phone. Talking to him made him nervous all over again. They'd dated for five years, yet now his hands were clammy after a simple phone call. He wanted to surprise Time, but it was hard to surprise him when he'd memorized all the roads and Professor Red didn't even have a driver's license. Or any license... normally it never stopped him but he didn't want to get arrested on their anniversary.

The day he worked up the nerve to ask him out on their first date, at the same restaurant. A nice restaurant, but it tended to empty out by eight at the latest. Time seemed to like it but got nervous with so many people, at the time it was a Saturday lunch. It was certainly better for a late dinner. Professor Red was excited of course, he thought it would be great for this, he just was nervous with what he was about to do.

***

Time stood on the corner, looking down at his watch. "Fashionable early" as he'd call it, as the thought of purposely showing up late made him feel nauseous. It was a bit of a dumb idea to walk out there at six, though, since Main was only a few blocks away from his home. Professor Red also ended up early, six-forty-ish, hoping to beat Time to it. He did now and waved from down the street at Time, who stood there awkwardly as people passed.

He sped up to a sprint, although his dress was a bit constricting. He wore a red dress that cut off a little above his knees, translucent black tights, and matching red heels with a long grey overcoat, in a similar fashion to his classic lab coat. Mainly just cause he would get a lot of stares wearing his actual lab coat, being that it was something of a comfort item to him.

He didn't need to stand on his tippy-toes to kiss Time like he usually did. He gave him a quick peck on the cheek, adjusting his collar so it fell less crooked over his black sweater, then the collar of his brown overcoat, although more so just because he liked holding onto it. Another, small, peck before walking them down the street.

"Close your eyes," He asked as they got closer

Time chuckled lightly "Don't let me bump into anyone, darling."

"Of course, of course." He took his hand, moving ahead to lead him to the door.

"Now?"

"No."

"Were at the door!"

"Okay, okay, now."

Time opened his eyes, stepping back to look up at the restaurant's name.

"Red." He said, dreamily "I remember this place!"

"Mmhm."

Time turned to him, smiling. He kissed him on the forehead "You're sweet, darling"