Three

When I got back to my common room after getting the bag of powder from Fred, I decided to take a shower. I couldn't get his face out of my head when I showed up and he noticed how I hid my hand behind my back. It was like he felt guilty for not warning me, and he should. Because of him, I went into it, not knowing anything which was why it had shocked me so much.

I let out a sigh as the water cascaded down my back. I gathered my hair, letting it soak before massaging shampoo into it. I stared at the wall opposite me, remembering hos tryouts for the Hufflepuff team started tomorrow, and I needed to be there for my friends.

When I stepped out of the shower, I wrapped the towel around me after drying off my hair, and then I poured some of the powder out on the sink. I gathered it into a straight line as nicely as I could, and then I snorted it.

Holy fuck.

That hurt like hell, but it was a nice kind of hurt. I sniffed a few times, trying to get used to the unfamiliar feeling, and then I stuffed the bag back into the pocket of my hoodie.

I got dressed and walked to the dorm where I hid the coke under some blankets in my trunk on the floor at the end of my bed. I sat on the floor for a moment, just thinking. I already felt a lot better. I felt happier and more confident, and with that confidence running through my veins, I left the dorm and met my friends in the common room.

"Hey guys." I said, dropping into the armchair and hugging the pillow to my stomach. They looked at me, and one after one, they noticed the scar on my hand. Eva gasped loudly, earning attention from nearby tables.

"What did she do to you?!"

"What?" I asked, looking down at my hand. "Oh, nothing much. Apparently, this is how she does detentions."

"By torturing students?!"

"Yeah, honestly, what the hell?" Finn moved closer and carefully took my hand in his so he could study it. "Aurora, you haven't even cleaned it."

"Yes I have. I took a shower."

They both looked at me like I was dumb. "It needs to be disinfected, immediately." Finn told me. "Let me get my first-aid kit."

When he was gone, Eva just stared at me, and for a moment, I worried that she could tell I was high. She looked away, and I took that moment to flee the common room, quietly laughing to myself as I stumbled from one of the barrels in the basement.

I walked a few steps only before the twins showed up, Fred carrying a first-aid kit. Seriously?

I tried to walk past them, but George stepped in front of me, blocking my way and suddenly I was very very angry again.

"Get out of my way, Weasley."

"Nope." he said cheerfully. "Fred feels bad that he didn't tell you about the detention, so we're here to help you clean the wound."

I rolled my eyes and attempted walking past him again but he once again stepped in my way.

"You're pissing me off." I stated.

"And you're pissing me off." he countered. "Now, sit. down."

"Why do you assume I haven't cleaned it myself?" I asked, hiding my hand in the pocket of my hoodie.

"Have you?" Fred asked, cocking an eyebrow. I sighed, then shook my head and pulled my hand from my pocket. I looked at it. It looked ugly, swollen, red, yellowish. It was definitely getting infected. "I thought so."

I sighed and walked over to the nearest bench, taking a seat. George sat down next to me while Fred crouched in front of me, opening the first-aid kit.

"I'm used to doing this myself, y'know." I said, rubbing my nose. "You don't have to help me."