Nineteen

I woke up to the sunlight shining right into my face. I turned away from the sun, only to be met by an empty bed. Propping myself up on my elbow, I looked out into our shared room, not finding George at all.

I crawled out of bed, my big belly in the way, then I waddled to the door and creaked it open. I listened for a second, but the flat was completely quiet. It was the beginning of July, and the shop was officially opening today. The boys were probably downstairs getting ready for the big day.

I yawned as I ran a hand over my belly. Thirty-three weeks pregnant, only seven weeks to go. The plan was that today we opened up the shop, and tomorrow we'd be looking at furniture for the baby. We were decorating one corner of our bedroom for our baby girl, just until she got older and we'd be forced to find something bigger.

I made my way to the bathroom, freshened up, and changed into a comfortable yet presentable outfit. As I descended the stairs, I could hear the faint sound of laughter and chatter coming from the shop floor. A mixture of nerves and excitement bubbled up inside me.

Entering the shop, I was greeted by the sight of George and Fred bustling around, putting the finishing touches on the displays. The shop looked incredible, filled with vibrant colours and intriguing products that promised endless fun and mischief. George looked up and spotted me, a huge smile spreading across his face.

"There's my beautiful lady." he said, crossing the room to meet me. He kissed me gently on the lips, his hand resting on my belly. "How are you feeling this morning?"

"Excited and a little nervous." I admitted. "But mostly excited. The shop looks amazing."

"Thanks, love. We couldn't have done it without you." he said, his eyes twinkling with pride. "Are you ready for the big day?"

"As ready as I'll ever be." I replied with a smile. "Let's do this."

Fred joined us, grinning from ear to ear. "Ready to see the magic happen? This place is going to be packed in no time."

The morning passed in a whirlwind of activity. George and Fred's infectious enthusiasm kept me energised as we welcomed the first customers. The shop quickly filled with curious students, excited children, and even a few skeptical adults who wouldn't resit the Weasley charm.

I stationed myself behind the counter, helping with sales and keeping an eye on the customers. It was heart-warming to see the joy on their faces as they explored the shop. The sound of laughter and chatter filled the air, making all the hard work worth it.

As the day went on, I took breaks to rest, sitting in a comfy chair George had placed behind the counter for me. He checked on me frequently, his concern for my well-being evident.

"You doing okay, Ro?" he asked during one of his check-ins.

"I'm fine, George. Just need to take it easy." I assured him. "The baby's been pretty active today."

He smiled, placing a hand on my belly to feel our daughter's movements. "She's excited about the shop too."

By late afternoon, the initial rush had subsided, giving us a chance to catch our breath. Fred announced he was going to grab some food for everyone, leaving George and me alone in the shop.

"Today's been incredible." George said, leaning against the counter beside me. "I can't believe how well everything's going."

"I knew it would be a success." I replied. "You and Fred have created something truly special."

George looked thoughtful for a moment. "You know, opening this shop was a dream come true. But the biggest dream I have now is our little family. I can't wait to meet our daughter and start this new chapter with you."