Twenty

Two weeks had passed since the shop's grand opening and the tumultuous events surrounding the article in the Daily Prophet. Despite the lingering fear, life had to go on, and George had made good on his promise to surround us with protective spells and wards. Today, at thirty-five weeks pregnant, I was looking forward to a much-needed distraction: my baby shower.

I woke up to a gentle caress of George's hand on my belly. His eyes were soft and loving as he whispered, "Good morning, beautiful."

"Good morning." I replied, smiling at him. The baby kicked, and we both laughed. "She's excited for the party too."

After breakfast, we got ready. George helped me into a light, floral dress that flowed comfortably over my belly. I felt radiant, despite the tiredness that came with being so far along in my pregnancy.

The baby shower was held at the Burrow, the Weasley family home. Molly Weasley had insisted on hosting it, and I couldn't be more grateful. The Burrow always felt warm and welcoming, a stark contrast to the cold fear that had haunted me for so long.

When we arrived, the place was buzzing with activity. Brightly coloured balloons and streamers adorned the garden, and a large banner reading 'Welcome Baby Weasley' hung above the entrance. Friends and family were mingling, their face lighting up as they saw us approach.

"Ro! George!" Molly called out, using George's nickname for me. She rushed over to give us both a hug. "You look wonderful, dear."

"Thank you, Molly." I said, feeling a warmth spread through me. "This is all so beautiful."

"We wanted it to be special." she said, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "Now come on, everyone's waiting to see you.2

The garden as filled with laughter and joy as we made our way through the crowd. Hermione, Ginny and Luna had all come early to help with the decorations, and they greeted me with excited hugs.

"You look amazing, Aurora." Ginny said, her eyes twinkling. "How are you feeling?"

"Tired, but happy." I admitted. "This is all so wonderful. Thank you for helping."

Hermione handed me a plate of snacks. "Just relax, enjoy yourself. You deserve it."

As the afternoon progressed, we played games and the highlights was opening presents. Each gift was more thoughtful than the last, and I was overwhelmed by the love and support from everyone around us.

The first gift I opened was from Molly and Arthur. It was a beautifully knitted blanket in soft pastel colours. Molly had clearly put a lot of love and effort into it, and I couldn't help but tear up.

"Oh, Molly, it's beautiful." I said, hugging the blanket to my chest. "Thank you so much."

"It's nothing, dear." Molly said, eyes shining. "Just something to keep your little one warm."

Next, I opened a gift from Hermione and Ron. Inside the box was a collection of baby books, ranging from classic fairy tales to magical creatures for children. Each book was carefully chosen, and I could see Hermione's meticulous touch in every selection.

"I thought these would be perfect for bedtime stories." Hermione said, smiling.

"They're wonderful." I said, flipping through the pages of a book about enchanted forests. "I can't wait to read these to her."

Ginny's gift was a set of adorable baby clothes, each piece more charming than the last. There were tiny dresses, onesies, and even a pair of shoes with tiny wings on them.

"These are so cute, Ginny!" I exclaimed, holding up a tiny dress with floral patterns. "She's going to look adorable in these."

"I thought you'd like them." Ginny said, grinning. "I couldn't resist the shoes."