Two - 3.0

The next morning, the sense of urgency that had settled over us the previous night remained palpable. George and I decided to take immediate action. We contacted Percy, knowing his methodical approach and knowledge would be invaluable.

By mid-morning, the three of us were gathered in our kitchen, the tension evident on everyone's faces. Freya and Rosie were with Molly again, giving us the privacy and focus needed for this crucial discussion.

"We need to find the artefact Fred mentioned." I said, breaking the silence. "It's buried in a hidden spot in the forest near Hogwarts."

Percy adjusted his glasses, his expression serious. "If Fred and George had a secret hideout, they must have left some clues. We need to retrace their steps and figure out where it might be."

George nodded, determination in his voice. "Fred and I used to go to this special space in the Forbidden Forest, where we felt safe. It's got to be there."

Later that day, we arrived at Hogwarts, greeted by the familiar sight of the castle's towering spires and the comforting hum of magic in the air. Professor McGonagall had been informed of our arrival, and was waiting for us in her office.

"Welcome back." she said, her stern face softening slightly. "I've been briefed on your situation. You're free to access any resources you need."

"Thank you, professor." I said. "We'll start by retracing Fred and George's steps."

As we made our way through the castle, memories of our own time at Hogwarts flooded back. It felt strange to be here on such a serious mission, but there was also a sense of rightness, as if this was where we were meant to be.

We started in the library, where Percy meticulously examined old maps of the Forbidden Forest and historical records that might offer clues. George, meanwhile, recounted tales of their adventures, trying to pinpoint the exact location of their hideout.

Hours passed, and just when it seemed we might come up empty-handed, Percy let out a triumphant sound.

"I think I've found something." he said, his eyes alight with excitement. "There's a mention of an artefact called the Heartstone in these old records. It's said to be a powerful object that can amplify or suppress dark magic. According to this text, it was hidden by a group of wizards during a great conflict centuries ago."

"The Heartstone." George murmured, his brow furrowed. "That sounds like it could be what we're looking for. Where does it say it's hidden?"

Percy scanned the page. "It mentions a 'place of shadows and secrets' within the Forbidden Forest. That must be where your hideout was."

As dusk fell, we ventured into the Forbidden Forest, guided by the light of our wands, and the memories George shared of the twins' secret spot. The forest was dense and eerie, the trees whispering in the breeze, but we pressed on, driven by the urgency of our mission.

After what felt like hours of navigating the forest, George suddenly stopped. "This is it." he said, pointing to a large, ancient oak tree. "Fred and I used to come here all the time."

We began searching the area around the tree, using spells to detect any hidden magic. It wasn't long before my wand emitted a soft glow, indicating a magical presence beneath the ground.

"Here." I said, kneeling and clearing away the leaves and dirt. With a few well-placed spells, a small, ornate box was unearthed. It was intricately carved with symbols and runes, glowing faintly in the dim light.

Percy carefully opened the box, revealing a large, shimmering stone that pulsed with a faint, eerie light. "The Heartstone." he whispered.

A sense of both awe and foreboding washed over us. This was the artefact Fred had warned about, the key to either sealing or releasing the dark magic still lingering from the war.