Ten - 2.0

The next morning, I got Freya ready for the day, dressing her in pink chequered shorts, a pink mini mouse tank top, and a matching bucket hat. I put her down after changing her diaper and getting her dressed, and she ran off into the kitchen of the farmhouse.

I followed behind, coming to a halt when I saw that everyone were gathered in the kitchen. Freya ran straight for her uncle Fred, begging to be picked her up, and he did so gladly.

"What's going on?" I asked, braiding my hair over one shoulder. It was May second, and the weather was turning for the better. It was getting hotter outside, so more often now, I'd wear my hair in braids or a ponytail. Today, I'd decided on one single braid over my shoulder.

"Neville Longbottom contacted us." Arthur said, holding up the coin everyone from the Order had. I didn't have one as I wasn't a part of the Order. I was just allowed in on everything because of my relation to George, and us having a daughter together.

"Oh..."

"It's time." Arthur added. "We'll be going to Hogwarts to defend it against Voldemort."

No one was scared to say his name anymore. We all just spat it out whenever it needed mentioning, but the name still made me wince.

"Okay." I exhaled. "Yeah, okay..."

"No." George and Fred said at the same time. I looked at them, seeing them stare back at me.

"What?"

"You're not going." George said, starting to walk back to our shared bedroom. I followed him.

"What are you talking about? Of course I'm going!"

"No, you're really not." he laughed tiredly. "You're thirty weeks pregnant, Aurora."

"And I'm more than capable of moving around. I'm more then capable of helping."

"You're carrying our baby!" he raised his voice. "I'm not letting you tag along and put you and our child in danger! Why can't you understand? You can't go, Aurora. It's too dangerous."

"I can't just stay here and do nothing!" I insisted, my hands gripping my bulging belly. "We're fighting for our future, for Freya's future. I need to be there."

George stopped pacing and turned to face me, his eyes filled with frustration and fear. "And what about our baby's future? Do you think risking your life now is worth it?"

Tears stung my eyes as I fought to hold back to the flood of emotions threatening to overwhelm me. I knew George was right. It wasn't just about me anymore; it was about the child growing inside me, about our family's future.

"I can't lose you." George whispered, his voice breaking. He stepped closer and gently placed his hands on my shoulders, looking deep into my eyes. "I can't lose either of you."

I took a deep breath, my resolve wavering under his pleading gaze. "But what if we lose everything because I didn't fight when I could?"

George pulled me into a tight embrace, resting his forehead against mine. "I can't stop you, can I?"

I shook my head against his chest, tears now streaming down my cheeks. "I'm sorry, George. I have to do this."

He held me for a long moment, his grip tightening around me as if he could protect me from everything that lay ahead. "Just promise me, you'll be careful. Please."

"I promise." I whispered, clutching him as if letting go would mean losing him forever.

Freya's voice echoed faintly from the doorway, where she stood, watching us with wide eyes. "Mama?"