Five

Warning: On-page Rape

After my nap and after lunch, we met with the rest of the upper classmen out in the courtyard, along with Professor McGonagall for our monthly trip to Hogsmeade. Of course, we were allowed to go alone on other weekends, but once a month, we all went together.

I walked arm in arm with Eva, with Finn trailing behind us, kicking at the ground. He was in a grumpy mood today, and I had a feeling it was about Eva.

"Did you become friends with the twins?" Eva asked after she caught George and I exchange a small smile. He was walking ahead of us along with his brother and their friends, and had looked back at me for just a moment. "I thought you hated them."

I shrugged. "Maybe they're not as bad as I thought."

"Well, you aren't going to replace us. That much I know." she said, gripping my arm tighter. I offered her a smile of reassurance.

The rest of the walk to Hogsmeade was rather peaceful. George and Fred's group was always the loudest group, and we could hear them all the way in the back where we were walking.

When we got to Hogsmeade, the big group ceased, people going in every direction possible.

"Let's go visit Dominic Maestro." Eva said, letting go of me to go towards the old music shop that was located here. Finn followed close behind, but I stayed rooted in place, looking right at Mr O'Malley as he stood by a boutique window further down the street.

I couldn't move.

This was the one place I felt happy, and he had to go and ruin that too by showing up here. Wasn't there enough stuff in Diagon Alley for him to shop? Did he have to come to Scotland?

"Dad!" Finn shouted, having seen him too. Eva walked into the shop while Finn walked towards his dad just as Mr O'Malley turned around. He smiled at his son but then he saw me, and his smile only ceased a little. The glance towards me only lasted a second before he focused solely on his son. "Aurora, look! Dad's here—"

But I'd already disappeared into the music shop with Eva. My heart was racing and my palms had gotten sweaty. I felt like the walls were closing in on me, but I tried to act normal as I looked at a vintage guitar.

My dad taught me how to play when I was little, and it was a passion I'd picked up on, along with singing and songwriting. My dream has always been to become a singer and travel the world to sing for my fellow witches and wizards but after everything, I haven't picked up an instrument in a while.

"That's on sale." a voice said from over my shoulder. Dominic Maestro. The owner of this little shop. "Only twenty galleons."

"I'll take it." I said without thinking. I needed to get back into it if I ever wanted a future within the field. I dug into my pocket, but a voice cut in, making me still.

"I'll pay for it."

Mr O'Malley was behind me, his son by his side. He was already digging into his wallet.

"You don't have to—"

"I want to." he said, staring right into my eyes. I looked away, my jaw clenching. He couldn't even let me buy my own guitar.

He paid Dominic the money and I got to take the guitar with me, but now it felt filthy.

"How about some butterbeer, huh?" he suggested, looking between my friends and I. "On me."

So we made our way to The Three Broomsticks where we found a table in the corner. I looked out over the room, my eyes landing on George and Fred as they sat with their friends at the other end of the room, and I didn't feel rage towards them like I usually would. Instead, I wanted to shout at them, let them know that this man sitting next to me was my abuser. That I needed their help getting away from him.