Eight - 2.0

It was a Saturday afternoon, and the flat buzzed with a blend of excitement and nostalgia. Fred and Angelina had made the decision to find their own place, and today was moving day. The flat was filled with the hustle and bustle of packing boxes, sorting through belongings, and the occasional burst of laughter as memories were shared.

Freya, now nineteen months old toddled around the flat, curiously observing the activity around her. She was holding her favourite stuffed dragon, a gift from her Uncle Fred, and every now and then, she would toddle over to him and tug at his pant leg.

"Unca Fwed?" she said, her eyes wide with curiosity.

Fred crouched down to her level, a smile spreading across his face. "Yes, little dragon?"

"Go?" Freya asked, pointing to the boxes.

Fred nodded, his smile softening. "Yes, Uncle Fred and Auntie Angelina are moving to a new home. But we'll come visit all the time, I promise."

Freya looked thoughtful for a moment before nodding seriously and giving him a big hug. Fred's expression melted into one of pure affection as he hugged her back.

Angelina was in the kitchen, carefully packing up Fred's dishes and cookware. I joined her, handing her some bubble wrap for the more delicate items.

"You ready for this?" I asked, trying to keep the sadness out of my voice. Angie had lived here since the Ministry fell.

Angie looked up, a small smile playing on her lips. "Yeah, I think so. It's time for us to have our own space, you know? But we'll miss you guys."

"We'll miss you too." I said, wrapping a plate in bubble wrap. "But it's exciting, a new chapter for you both."

She nodded, her eyes glistening slightly. "Yeah, it is. And we'll still see each other all the time. It's not like we're moving to the other side of the world."

We both laughed, the sound mingling with the noise of packing and the occasional crash as George or Fred knocked something over in their enthusiasm.

George came into the kitchen, wiping his hands on a towel. "I think that's the last of the boxes." he said, glancing between us. "You ready to do a final sweep, Fred?"

Fred appeared in the doorway, lifting Freya up onto his shoulders, much to her delight. "Ready as I'll ever be."

As they went to check the rooms one last time, I took a moment to lean against the counter and look around. This flat had seen so much laughter, so many memories. It had been our sanctuary during some of the toughest times, and now it was changing again.

George came up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his chin on my shoulder. "You okay?" he asked softly.

I nodded, leaning into him. "Yeah. Just... it's a lot, you know?"

"I know." he murmured, pressing a kiss to my temple. "But it's a good change. And we'll still have each other."

I turned in his arms, looking up at him. "Always." I said, and he smiled, kissing me gently.

Fred and Angie returned, Fred still carrying a giggling Freya. "Alright, I think we're all set." Fred announced.

Angie looked around the flat one more time, then turned to me. "Thank you for everything, Aurora. You've been amazing."

I hugged her tightly. "Thank you, Angie. You've been amazing too. And remember, we're always here if you need anything."

Fred set Freya down and came over to us, pulling both George and me into a hug. "Don't be strangers, alright?"