Chapter 19

Alex hurrys over to Adrian and looks at him. He seems to be bruised and cut everywhere. She looks at where had scootef over here and see's a blood trail. "Are you okay?" He asks staring at her. "Me? What about you?"
"I am fine I am asking about you?"
"Yes I am fine" Adrian puts his hand to her face where a bruise is. "No you are not you have a bruise."
"It's ok I'm ok." Adrian trys to stand up but falls back down. "I can't get up."
"What do you mean?"
"I can't get up get out of here just in case."
"No I am helping you out of here." She helps him up onto his feet and helps him walk to the elevator. Adrian presses the button and waits for it to open. As the doors open they both walk into the elevator. They get down to the first floor when a large boom echos through the building. The whole hospital shakes and walls begin to cave. "I guess he's not keeping his promise. Get back to the elevator we wont make it to the doors." Adrian and Alex turn around and head back to the elevator. A beam falls into of them, it catches Alex's foot. She hits the floor right by Adrian her foot is stuck under the beam. Adrian's clothes are burned from the flaming beam and all the blood on his clothes is dry. Alex reaches out and pushes the beam up and gets her foot out. She turns back around and trys to pull the beam up again. Alex can barely stand because of the pain from her foot. "Go without me Alex!"
"No I am not leaving you here! Push up on the beam as I pull." She pulls as he pushes up on the beam. Adrian slides himself out while he is holding it up. The building is on fire around them now. Adrian picks her up and starts running towards the exit. They get to the door when a figure stands in front of them. "You threatening me now that was hilarious. Even for you that was stupid." The figure walks towards them. Adrian sets Alex down and walks towards his dad. His father points a gun at him. "Go ahead kill me. But if you do kill me you can't kill Alex because she's all I have left." Alex trys to get up but her foot won't allow it. Adrian's father has the gun resting against adrians forehead now. Adrian is completely still except the tears rolling down his face. Adrian's father drops the gun and falls to his knees. Adrian picks up the gun and points it at his dad. He backs up and picks Alex up and walks past his dad and out of the hospital.
"Why didn't you just kill him?" Alex asks. "Because he is my father you don't get to choose who parents are you just live with them."