2| Jordan is Injured

Aurthor Pov

Aurthor Pov

"I can participate in so many competitions, Tanya , but I'm very confused about the debate? I have no clue about it." Illahi whined.

"Don't worry, just do one thing, search for important topics on the internet that are usually asked in debates, read a little on current affairs and find out what's happening in the country and the world. Rest I have complete faith in you that you will be able to rock the debate," Tanya assured.

She crashed into her bed right after dinner because of how tired she had been, to add to that she had to wake up early the next morning to practice at the park. Illahi knew it, so she switched off the lights without disturbing her.

Tanya 's eyes opened at 2 am, and she saw Illahi reading things from the laptop and making notes. Illahi was drowsy but instead of sleeping, she was still studying.

"Are the test dates out?" Tanya asked Illahi , still half asleep.

Hearing her, Illahi  chuckled and replied, "No the date isn't out yet, you can sleep." Tanya  sat up and asked, "Why are you studying so late at night? You need to rest."

"I was actually learning and making notes of some famous topics that could be asked in the debate." Tanya walked to her table and shut her laptop, "If you exhaust yourself today, how will you be able to work hard the next two days? Enough for today. Now go and take some sleep."

Tanya was right, so Illahi  didn't argue with her and went off to sleep.

Tanya woke up early the next day, to reach the park at 6 in the morning. Since Illahi  had slept late, Tanya  left a note for her on the table that read "You can leave for college, I'll try to come as soon as possible."

Illahi woke up, had her breakfast, made some for Tanya , and then left for college alone. She entered the class and saw Jordan  sitting on the second bench indicating her to sit next to him. Not seeing Tanya  with Illahi , Jahaan  got a little jittery. "Why hasn't Tanya  come today! She has been coming on time regularly, and suddenly why is she missing this lecture? Is she keeping well?" Jahaan thought to himself. He had a lot of questions on his mind concerning Tanya  that he wanted to ask Illahi , but he didn't.

Illahi went and sat with Stanley. "How come you are alone today? Tanya  isn't coming?" Jordan  asked her.

Jahaan tried to eavesdrop. Illahi  hadn't thought of an answer to this obvious question and she panicked. She quickly composed herself and said, " Tanya has created a new habit for herself, every night she watches a movie and then sleeps late. As she sleeps late, so she finds it hard to wake up early. It took me so much effort to wake her up today, she should be here for the next lecture."

Listening to Illahi , Jahaan  breathed a sigh of relief, "Thank goodness, she's fine."

After the lecture, Illahi  was on her way to the garden area as she had planned to get done with the current affairs for the debate, before the next one. She hadn't said anything before leaving.
"Where are you going in such a hurry?" Jordan  called out to her. Before Illahi  could say anything, Jordan  said, "Let's go to the cafeteria to eat. I got a little late in the morning, so l skipped breakfast, now I'm hungry."