14 | A Date With Akshita

The following day, Tanya's entire family was having breakfast together. By now, even Jahaan had gotten comfortable amongst them, and he was treated warmly by the rest of the family members.

After finishing the breakfast, Mrs. Mehta
was talking to Aastha , Akshita's mom, in their room.

" Tanya 's friend, Asher, is a nice boy, right!" Mrs. Gill asked.

"Yes, he is a gentleman. Great manners! But Harry seemed like a nice guy too, right?" Aastha mentioned.

"Yes, he was. But we can't do anything if Tanya doesn't like him! Moreover, we should let March focus on her studies right now rather than set her up on dates," Mrs. Gill sighed.

"Hmm...right. If only Tanya could keep away from her books, I would have told her to date, Jahaan . They both seem to be very good friends and even comfortable with each other!" Aastha expressed.

"Haha...yes. I have noticed that too," Mrs. Gill smiled.

"I think I should ask Jahaan to take Akshita on a date sometimes. Poor Akshita has not gone out for a long time with any boy!" Aastha mentioned.

"Yeah, sure. Why not? She seems kinda depressed these days. Going out with Jahaan might loosen up her mind," Mrs. Gill suggested with a grin.

Meanwhile, Tanya and Jahaan were watching television, along with some of Tanya's cousins.

Although they were engrossed in watching a cliched Disney channel show, tanya and Jahaan were enjoying their company.

After a while, Tanya noticed that Jahaan was trying to hold her hand.

"What are you doing?" Tanya whispered, moving away from him.

"What? Kids are watching TV, and I'm just trying to hold your hand!" Jahaan exclaimed.

But before Jahaan could hold her hand, Sushant  came into the room and sat on Tanya 's lap.

"I have something very important to tell both of you!" Sushant  whispered into Tanya 's ears.

"What?" Tanya  asked with a smile.

"I think you need to save your boyfriend!" Sushant replied with a smile.

"Shh...no one should know about this. You promised, right?" Tanya  asked.

"Yeah, Yeah, I know. But something important has crept up!" Sushant  replied, rolling his eyes.

"What are you both talking about?" Jahaan  asked.

"Well, your boyfriend..." Sushant  was about to say out loud when Tanya  shushed him.

"Shh...Let's go to the garden. You can tell us there. Someone might hear us here," Tanya  exclaimed.

Jahaan , , who was cozily sitting on the couch, was in no mood to accompany him to the garden.

"I am not coming. You guys go!" he said lazily. He didn't want to engross himself in these childish games.

Even Tanya  was in no mood to accompany him. She was under the impression that Sushant  was merely trying to play games with her

" Sushant , is it very important to talk right now?
Can't this matter wait?" Tanya  asked, looking at Jahaan .

"Okay, if you want your boyfriend to go on a date with akashita , then I am not bothered," Sushant  exclaimed and proceeded outside.

Jahaan was drinking water, and after listening to Sushant , it felt like the glass was going to drop from his hands. Even Tanya  could not believe her ears.