6| The Freshman Party Partners

Aurthor pov

After Reeva  asked Jahaan  out for the Freshmen party, Jahaan  was confused as to how to put down Reeva's offer. Before he could think of an answer, Illahi  interrupted them.

"Hey Reeva , I am so sorry but we already made a deal. Jahaan  had promised to be my partner for the party," Illahi  intervened and informed Reeva .

Hearing this, Reeva  chose to ignore Illahi  and not respond.

She just passed on her plastered smile at Jahaan  and asserted, "It's Ok. But if there will be any change in the plan, you can just tell me. I'll be available" Saying this she left. No one was able to digest her behavior.

"What happened to her? Why was she behaving so strangely?" Illahi  asked.

"I don't know. But it was quite weird", Jordan  commented

while Jahaan  was left completely speechless. Tanya  was done with her call and walked towards them as she observed Jahaan 's face which had turned pale.

"What happened to all of you? Why are you making such weird faces?" She asked. After seeing Tanya , they all decided to change the topic.

"Nothing! Come on, let's go back to the class. The next lecture is going to start soon", Jordan  announced and everyone started going towards the class.

"Will you at least tell me what happened?" Tanya asked Illahi .

"Later", Illahi  replied, squeezing Tanya 's shoulder.

After reaching the apartment in the evening, Illahi  and Tanya  forgot about the Reeva  incident. Tanya  took out her diary from her nightstand .

"What do you think? Will Jahaan  come to the party or not? Or will he agree to be my partner?" She asked which made Illahi  recall the morning incident.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you something. In the morning, when you went to attend the call, Reeva  came up. She asked out Jahaan  for the party", Illahi  informed her.

"What? It's too damn early for asking anyone out! Don't tell me Asher agreed to go out with her ", Tanya  yelled.

"No, Jahaan  didn't agree to go with her. He was just indirectly refusing Reeva 's proposal.
Anyways, I chimed in at the right moment and lied that Jahaan   and I are going to a freshmen party together. She somehow still said that if there's any change in plan, Jahaan  should become her partner," Illahi  elaborated on the incident.

"Thank God! You didn't take my name in front of her or else she would have informed Jahaan's dad about it. By the way, the look on her face was awesome, right?" Tanya  asked with a chuckle.

"Exactly! That's the problem. She didn't even react like she usually does. She actually smiled!" Illahi  said.

"What? Really? Did she smile? Impossible!
She is planning something in her mind", tanya   guaranteed.

"I thought the same!" Illahi  agreed.

The next day when they went to college, there was a great bustle that could be heard in the corridors.
"Ahh... now that's what I say is our college.
I love this hustle and bustle!" Tanya  exclaimed, entering through the college building.

She was going towards her class when suddenly, the place came where she first bumped into jahaan .

"See, Illahi . A year ago, today was the first time I bumped into Jahaan  here. He then vanished into the crowd", Tanya  exclaimed and started moving towards the other block. She was going to enter the block when suddenly, someone called out from behind.